Main Discussion Area > Arrows

Friendship Arrow

(1/5) > >>

Gordon:
Yesterday Bryan Briand and I had planned to go turkey hunting together. When he came by my house to pick me up he handed me a small tube and said he hoped I liked it. When I removed the item from the tube I was completely floored. It was an amazing hand-crafted primitive arrow. The shaft is Oregon river-cane, the fletching is made from Oregon turkey primaries, and the head is carved from an elk leg bone.

There is a story behind the bone that made this gift particularly meaningful. Brian was with me two years ago on the last day of the elk season when I shot my first (and only) elk. It looked like I had made a good hit from the initial blood sign, but 9 grueling and heartbreaking hours later we broke off the search when we could not find any trace of the animal. The following spring I was scouting in the same area I came upon a pile of bones which I believe were the remains of the elk I had shot. I brought a few of the larger bones home with me and showed them to Bryan. He asked me for one of the bones and said he would make me something to remember the elk and our experience together.

This is one of the nicest gifts I have ever received. Bryan, you are truly a fine craftsman and a great friend. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Lloyd:
That is one beautiful arrow!

D. Tiller:
Nice! Now go shoot anothe elk with it!  ;D  Now that would be a cool story!!!

DanaM:
Beautiful arrow Gordon better yet a gift from the heart from a true friend - Priceless

DanaM

MattE:
I like your arrow. It is very well made.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version