Linked Events

• Tennessee Classic: May 04, 2007
  • Tennessee Classic: May 05, 2007
  • Tennessee Classic: May 06, 2007

Author Topic: 10 Annual Tennessee Classic  (Read 169295 times)

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
Re: 10 Annual Tennessee Classic
« Reply #240 on: May 07, 2007, 12:37:59 am »
One more we can't forget Rip Van Winkle...I mean PatB  All of these wonderful Bowyers have won B.O.M. at least once.  What a motley looking crew!

[attachment deleted by admin]
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #241 on: May 07, 2007, 03:16:26 am »
Me, Hillbilly, Dick Bernier, RyanO, Pappy and Greg. Not a motley crew in the bunch! ;D
   Looks like the Princess, in the first pic, gatta go! ;D She never did take out her tierra. :(   Pat

ps. Mickey, you would have been miserable on your bike. Maybe next time!   
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #242 on: May 07, 2007, 08:57:43 am »
Handsome bunch of fellers if you ask me  ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Minuteman

« Reply #243 on: May 07, 2007, 09:24:59 am »
I had a ball.  ;DlBy the way, I'm the  shorter of the two bald headed fellers in the back on the right in one of the first coupla pics, kinda behind Pappy.  The taller baldy is Justin Shnyder,
 I've been to mojam a few times and this get together is way better IMO. The weather is better for camping, the location is prettier, and the folks are nicer too. I gotta get there earlier next year so I can camp in the valley not up top. Its no fun to have to walk 200 yards to use the porta john . They'll  need one up on top next year Pappy!
 Missed hanging out with a buncha folks too most of the first day. Did take a stave from rough split to near bow dims though. A buddy I took with me got a truly snakey bow chased to a ring and layed out while we were there. Its gonna make an impressive site if he can pull it off.Worked from 8am to 8 pm on the same osage stick. Got the hik backed cherry out and fiddled with that some saturday night late. It was awful late though and you know the saying" friends don't let friend tiller drunk". So I put it up. Discretion being the better part of valor and all. Besides I can mess 'em up just fine completely sober .
 Great time and great company for the most part.Pappy said somethin about not knowing what to do if it got too much bigger , well its prolly gonna get bigger! The really good ones seem to anyway.
 Chris

Manager

« Reply #244 on: May 07, 2007, 11:09:19 am »
I just wanted to say thank you to Pappy, Joanie, Mike S, Greg, and all the rest of you for making us feel so welcomed!!
We had so much fun and learned a lot...
It was great to meet all of you... ;D

Dustybaer

« Reply #245 on: May 07, 2007, 11:20:21 am »
hi, y'all.  made it back to edgewood in one piece.  got to my hotel around 10:00 last night.  i felt kinda sorry for the people sitting next to me on the planes, (five days without a shower, you know  ;D ).  i'll just say a brief thank you to everybody who made this possible for me.  i had the time of my life.  there will be more, once i write the article for PA magazine.  and i won't even start thanking you for all the wonderful presents i got.  that'll be in the article as well.  the only thing i regret is having been deprived of the opportunity to try some PBR   ;D

Minuteman

« Reply #246 on: May 07, 2007, 12:17:32 pm »
On the PBR, you didn't miss a thing! ;D

Offline EagleTexas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #247 on: May 07, 2007, 12:24:35 pm »
Thanks to Pappy, Mike, Greg, Justin and all who treated the PA team so very well. You all are fabulous!
Thanks to to all who read Primitive Archer and support it in so may ways. Your words of encouragement and acts of kindness while we were there were really appreciated.

My granddaughter, Susannah, had a great time and I got to walk the course with her while she shot the bow she made. Big time memory!

Thanks again.

monroe

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #248 on: May 07, 2007, 12:32:29 pm »
Marius. I promise you PBR next time! ;)  It was really great to finally meet you. You will have to come back next year...but don't expect more bootie! ;D Have a safe trip back across the pond.
  Minuteman, Is drunk backseat tillering OK? ;D      Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

DBernier

« Reply #249 on: May 07, 2007, 12:48:35 pm »
PatB, after what he stuffed into his suitcase, I would like to be the fly on the wall when customs opens that bag  ??? Marius, good meeting you. You have a place to stay, tent or camper, anytime.   ;D It was so nice to "put the face" with so many of you. Pappy, your hospitality rivels the Ritz. Thanks. Hey BTW the course was nice. Will shoot it twice next year.

Dick

Offline Mickey

« Reply #250 on: May 07, 2007, 08:08:38 pm »
Thanks Pat, feel a little better now althoguh I must admit I was cussing the weatherman all day Saturday as the sun was shining and it was 70+ degrees. I was looking forward to the trip down and meeting a bunch of you fine folk.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #251 on: May 07, 2007, 09:42:05 pm »
I just got in and thought i would drop you guys a note to tell you all I made it. I'm to tired to read everything so I will check in later. Imagine me tired?  19 1/2 hours of sleep since last Tuesday.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #252 on: May 07, 2007, 09:52:27 pm »
You said you don't get tired... ;D  I bet people looked at you funny with all those trees in the back of your truck! 
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Minuteman

« Reply #253 on: May 07, 2007, 09:55:03 pm »
I don't think it matters Pat if the tillering advice is coming from an impaired back seat sitter or not when the driver can't find his butt with both hands! :o
 It was a long day Saturday and its been a long time since I've seen 2 AM! I appreciate the help though. I just wasn't up to it at the time.
 Glad to hear ya made it home Justin.
 He had lossed so much sleep when we got there that he told me the same story twice ??? It got better the second time he told it too. Somethin about an alarm going off at 4 AM and 1000's of pounds of obsidian , someone with a slipped disc and him havin to heave all that wood into his truck by himself... Only peed three times on the way out.. I dunno... I'm thinkin' them folks from Utah just ain't right.! ;D  Whattya call a feller from Utah anyway, a Utahan? Utahian?
 He sure did get his money's worth in wood and thats no lie.
 Chris
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 09:59:12 pm by Minuteman »

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #254 on: May 07, 2007, 09:55:04 pm »
They look at him funny anyway!...Thanks for the ride Justin

Tenn.(aka Tenn.)
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....