Linked Events

• Tennessee Classic: May 04, 2007
  • Tennessee Classic: May 05, 2007
  • Tennessee Classic: May 06, 2007

Author Topic: 10 Annual Tennessee Classic  (Read 169168 times)

Offline The Singing Bowyer

Re: 10 Annual Tennessee Classic
« Reply #180 on: April 28, 2007, 12:49:08 pm »
Marius, I like your philosophy.... I think you are just an old southern boy at heart ;)

Beer, fire, bows...that is the cure to many problems, my friend!
Chad K. Slagle
"The Singing Bowyer"
www.TheSingingBowyer.com

Dustybaer

« Reply #181 on: April 28, 2007, 12:54:00 pm »
chad, we'll drink to that in tennessee,  yeeehaaaw  ;D

dana, you're killing me  ;D

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #182 on: April 29, 2007, 12:12:46 am »
Hello fellar's, been restin' up after a long day of preparation for the Classic, and I'm "fixin' to" go to bed here in a few minutes. Didn't sleep well last night, to excited about next weeks events! ;D

We got a lot done today, tents raised for vendor's to use, straightened and reflexed the last of the bow blanks, sharpened scrappers, finished setting the course, mowing, bushhogging, weed-eating... we even found time to split and seal a hornbeam log I cut this week. Everything is really coming together, I hope you all will enjoy yourselfs. We really appreciate all of you taking the time to come and visit us and share in this tradition we all enjoy. ;)

For those of you coming Wednesday and Thursday...we're planning some good cookin'! Some of the highlights will be: chicken & dumplings, turnip-greens, brown-beans, cornbread, stuffed porkchops, banana foster served over french toast, apple and peach cobblers! I can't remember what else, but you can be sure it's good.

Marius, glad you got your flight finalized. Ron will pick you up at the airport, and I hope you have a safe trip over. I have a bottle of blueberry schnapps I bought in Austria over a year ago on a business trip, havn't opened it...you interested? Of course I'm going to have some of my homemade yellow plum wine on hand, and maybe a couple of other types. I know which bow I'm bringing for you to practice with before you finish yours. No excuses with this bow, I've trained it already through a season of hunting during 2005 where it accounted for two deer. ;D

Yall all drive carefully on your way! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Dustybaer

« Reply #183 on: April 29, 2007, 12:28:45 am »
thanks greg, i appreciate it.  i hope i won't ruin the training you invested in that bow.   ;D

well, it's 4:30 AM here in germany and i just got back from a gig my band played.  my taxi will be here in 3 hours and i haven't packed yet, so i guess, no sleep tonight.

i'll try to touch base once i get to the office in edgewood, MD.

y'all can't imagine how much this means to me and how grateful i am to all those fine people out there who made this happen for me.

DBernier

« Reply #184 on: April 29, 2007, 08:31:57 am »
Dustybaer, The offer of the air cot and sleeping bag/pillow etc. is still good. Problem is PatB and I will not be there until Thursday mid morning or so. Depending on weather Pat sleeps in the camper or his tent you have the option of the camper or tent. I am sure there will be room and a host of people able to accommodate you. I have to go and drive some full size tanks today at the museum for a public demo, you know, crush a few cars etc.   ;D    See you soon.

Dick Bernier
Mebane NC
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 08:34:47 am by DBernier »

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #185 on: April 29, 2007, 05:25:32 pm »
Greg, What is the tick situation in your neck of the woods :o. Should I bring my Permanone spray? ???
   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline RG

« Reply #186 on: April 29, 2007, 07:34:30 pm »
Might want to bring two cans ;)

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #187 on: April 29, 2007, 10:18:32 pm »

Yeah Pat and everyone else, might bring some tick spray if you can. There is a Walmart 15 minutes away that sales Permanone if you don't have any. I havn't got a tick on me yet this year, but some of the guys were setting targets yesterday and got into a few. :)
Greg

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #188 on: April 29, 2007, 10:26:08 pm »
I guess that is another good thing about the desert. We don't see many ticks. If you shoot a deer, you will see a few on it. Other than that I haven't ween a tick in 10 years.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #189 on: April 29, 2007, 10:39:07 pm »
Justin, did you get my reply to your camping question? Also, a fellow Utah guy new to archery posted about making a bow. If you don't mind, could you carry a stave or maybe a roughed in bow back for him if I have time to get it that far along? I told him he would have to take you up on your offer for him to come to your place and get him started. If you can, could you also remind me so I don't forget...gettin' old an forgetful! :)

When are yall planning to arrive?
Greg

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #190 on: April 30, 2007, 12:53:45 am »
I tried to get him to come to Tennessee with me. He said he couldn't make it. I am planning to be to Brian's house at around 10:00 PM on Wednesday.  I talked to him about getting up early Thursday and heading down so we could be there in the early AM. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Mickey

« Reply #191 on: April 30, 2007, 09:03:57 am »
If the weather is good I may be riding my motorcycle down from Ohio just to visit you folks. Is the driveway motorcycle friendly?

Dustybaer

« Reply #192 on: April 30, 2007, 11:37:05 am »
hi y'all,

made it safely to edgewood.  will see you on wednesday.  greg, i might need a cot and a bag for wednesday night, until dick and pat arrive.  thanks in advance.  can't wait to meet you guys.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #193 on: April 30, 2007, 12:10:53 pm »
Welcome to the US, Marius. We will see you mid day Thursday.  ;D   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #194 on: April 30, 2007, 02:15:37 pm »
Mickey, yes your motorcycle won't have any trouble with our drive...it's gravel.

Marius, will do...I think Knothead (Ron, the guy picking u up from the airport) has room in his camper. If not, we can squeeze you into the cabin with us. ;)  I'll bring a cot and bag for you just in case.;D I think Knothead wanted to pm you and see if you had a cell phone. His work is within 10 minutes of the airport, he might have you call him when you arrive, or else he will be there at the planned arrival.

If any of you guys have any questions, please post them within the next couple of days. Pappy is already at the club, and unable to get on line. I'm taking off Wed. through the end of the week and will be out of pocket also. Knothead might be able to check for messages until Wednesday afternoon. We have had a laptop down at the club, but reception isn't the best. We got to figure out how to vote for BOM for April! ;D
Greg