Linked Events

• Tennessee Classic: May 04, 2007
  • Tennessee Classic: May 05, 2007
  • Tennessee Classic: May 06, 2007

Author Topic: 10 Annual Tennessee Classic  (Read 169080 times)

Dustybaer

Re: 10 Annual Tennessee Classic
« Reply #150 on: April 26, 2007, 05:51:11 pm »
sorry guys, still no tickets.  i got the ones for my official travel, but that office would not issue my personal tickets.  so i got on the web to order them on line and got kicked out AFTER i ordered them, bot BEFORE i got my confirmation.  so i'll have to call US Air tomorrow to find out how i can solve the problem.  but i'm confident that the arrival time will remain the same, since there were several seats available on that flight.

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #151 on: April 26, 2007, 10:52:33 pm »

Sounds good Marius, Knothead was planning to pick you up if you can get that flight in I think.

I could have used some of you guys help this evening, no not with reflexing the bows I was working on, but sweetening the homemade yellow plum wine I'm planning on having on hand at the Classic. You see, I had to remove wine from the carboy (5 gal. glass container) in order to have room to add the sugar. I plan on bottling it this weekend. Will make two cases. This wine was made in 2003 and really is at a point where it needs to be consumed. Yall got to help me out with this! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #152 on: April 26, 2007, 11:56:43 pm »
Greg, Doesn't seem like it will go to waste with this crowd. ;D   Pat
OK Marius, We're counting on ya!   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #153 on: April 27, 2007, 06:22:43 am »
I will be out of here at 9:00 today but if yall need me call my cell and I will return you call as soon as I can.615-256-5961. or Joanie at home and she will get a hold of me 931-362-3717. See yall
soon. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Dustybaer

« Reply #154 on: April 27, 2007, 07:45:02 am »
arrival flight is confirmed, more details to follow.  i had to run home during my lunch break to post this, since our server at work is blocking my access again.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #155 on: April 27, 2007, 08:00:50 am »
Marius as soon as you get a time pm Knothead and he said he would pick you up.See ya soon.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #156 on: April 27, 2007, 08:23:00 am »
Marius, would you mind telling me your draw-length? I've got a bow in mind for you to use but its fairly short at 60" ntn. If you have a long draw I'll have to choose a different one for you. ;)
Greg

Offline DanaM

« Reply #157 on: April 27, 2007, 09:46:01 am »
Having never been to a shoot I'm wondering what kind of yardages do you shoot at?

DanaM
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #158 on: April 27, 2007, 11:43:25 am »
Dana, Usually most of the shots at a 3-D shoot are within 30 yards, usually less with maybe a few long range shots(over 30 yards). They use difficulty rather than distance for these contests. Usually the targets are placed in hunting situations so the target might be only 15 yards but you may have to squat and twist around a tree or bush to be able to make the shot. Sometimes being a lefty or ambidextrous is a big plus on some shots.    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #159 on: April 27, 2007, 11:50:23 am »
Hunting situation?? 30 yards??  :o Boy you guys shoot better than me. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline DanaM

« Reply #160 on: April 27, 2007, 11:52:24 am »
Thanks Pat, I just so happen to be a lefty shooter that righty ;D Now I need to make abow
I can shoot either way. Probably won't help as I can't hit the broadside of a barn when I'm inside
the barn :(

DanaM
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #161 on: April 27, 2007, 12:15:15 pm »
...within 30 yds! ;)     Pat

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #162 on: April 27, 2007, 12:54:16 pm »
Oh I see Pat, that is completely different. I can do 29 yards. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #163 on: April 27, 2007, 02:11:29 pm »
With our bows 1 yard can make a big differance! ;)   Pat

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #164 on: April 27, 2007, 02:20:22 pm »

Pat, you're pretty accurate at describing our coarse distances. Thirty yard shot might be a charging grisley bear, of course the selfbow stake would probably be around 25 yards...so your only slim chance of surviving this encounter would be to kill that sucker! ;D

Hunting situation example would be...lay down on your back to shoot between the ground and a log at a gobbler sticking his head out from behind a tree for instance...simple! ;)

I'm sorry...what can I say, it's Friday and I just can't seem to be serious. More fun to as Justin said..."convince a bull to buy back his own BS and make him think he got a good deal!". That was a good one! ;D
Greg