Author Topic: Memorial Bow For a Friend  (Read 7661 times)

Offline hammertime

• no shoes no shirt, no problems
Re: Memorial Bow For a Friend
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2010, 06:57:09 pm »
Like the others have said nice bow and gesture That grip looks pretty cool,like the reference to the psalm-Hammertime

Offline okiecountryboy

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2010, 07:49:45 pm »
4est
You really brought me back to earth with that one...Sometimes we get caught up in our lives and forget about the forest cause of all the trees.
You are one hell of a man! I am proud to know you are a part of PA.
The reason that you finished this bow, and the sentiment behind it, has officially made this weapon my all-time favorite!!!

God Bless you and I pray for a healthy robust child.

Ron
God, honor, country, bows, and guns.

Offline 4est Trekker

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2010, 07:52:17 pm »
Thanks, everybody, for the kind words.  I'm hoping to catch my friend at home tonight and give him the bow.  He's a busy chap, so it's been hard to track him down.  I'll be sure to catch a picture of him and share it with you all.  Thanks again!   :)
"Walk softly, and carry a bent stick."

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, giving thanks to God the Father through him."  Col. 3:17

Offline 4est Trekker

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2010, 09:35:44 am »
Here's a picture of the recipient.  He came over the other night and shot for about an hour.  He learns quick and was soon demonstrating good form and shooting very well.  Looks like I might have a new shooting buddy.  ;D

"Walk softly, and carry a bent stick."

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, giving thanks to God the Father through him."  Col. 3:17

HatchA

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2010, 10:39:44 am »
It's a red oak pyramid bow that he glued up, layed out, shaped to profile, and tillered on the long string. I heat treated and burnished the belly and induced about 1 3/4" of reflex.  I backed it with paper, stained it with RIT dye cut in alcohol, added bison horn tip overlays, and finished it with a frosted lacquer finish.

Trekker...  you make it all sound so simple!!  "did this, this, this, this and this...  here's the end result..."     ka-BOOM!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o

That bow is stunning!  Seriously stunning!!  I got nothing else...  I'm just looking at the pic's over and over.  Beautiful craftsmanship!

Your friend looks very pleased to receive the gifts, as well he should!

Well done man, well done!

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2010, 10:45:33 am »
That is eally a nice gesture. The bow is outstanding. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline jwillis

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2010, 01:20:10 pm »
Looks like you did a really good job on it. Jim