Author Topic: Some public land bucks  (Read 4417 times)

Offline FlintWalker

Some public land bucks
« on: December 05, 2010, 11:34:17 pm »
I spent the weekend bowhunting with some friends at Land between the lakes in west Ky.  I never dropped the string on anything (except a pumpkin), but I got to watch some of my friends shoot a couple!  One of the guys killed a doe and a spike and the other two killed nice bucks...especially for LBL.
 Four of us managed to kill 4 deer in 3 days of hunting...public land 8)
 They killed them all with compounds, while I carryed my recurve. I saw probably 25 deer but was never given a decent shot at any of them.
 These two bucks were both shot from the ground at less than 20 yards. It was pretty darned exciting!
 The mangled buck was hit a little far back and recovered the next morning. While we were walking in to look for him, we saw a (very stuffed) coyote come up out of a little draw and sorta "wobble" away. the guy who shot the deer turned to me and said, "I bet that bastards full of my deer"!  Sure enough, we walked down into that draw and there it was :o  He hadn't went over 100 yards.  There was not one piece of meat as big as a golf ball left on that bucks bones! I swear, as that coyote walked away he stopped and looked back as if to say...thank you :-\
 I reckon if I was a coyote and come up on a fresh deer I'd have done the same thing. Everybody loves fresh venison  ;D
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Timo

Re: Some public land bucks
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 12:06:30 am »
Nice deer! Shame about the one though, seen it many times. Yotes are the most opportunistic creatures on earth.

Offline NTD

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 12:43:06 am »
Dang, they sure didn't waste anytime on that...
Nate Danforth

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 08:29:23 am »
never seen one eaten like that over night. round here the hams are eaten and the rest is left for another day. wow!
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 09:10:54 am »
Nice buck,had to be fun,ya there was probably more than one yote,the whole family art good that night.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

HatchA

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 01:59:38 pm »
Your friend doesn't look too happy as he's holding up the head  :-\

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 02:04:58 pm »

thats what i was gunna say. i believe after that i would become a very vengeful yote slayer. :-X
lets just shoot it

Offline maddog314

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 04:07:02 pm »
Sounds like ya need to go out and call some puppy's >:D.

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 05:44:46 pm »
Shannon, you need to get some yote trappers in there, cleaned that one up better than a butcher. :o Sounds like you an your buddys had a real good hunt. Were gettin hammered up here 14" an still fallin. The weather up here is" clear an still " clear to your _ _ _ ,an still falling. I,m not complaning not after the rain that I saw at the classic, I'll take the snow. Later Bob

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 08:15:51 pm »
 Sounds like a real good weekend, ya'll got a head start on the European Mount.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2010, 09:46:19 pm »

thats what i was gunna say. i believe after that i would become a very vengeful yote slayer. :-X
He ain't very happy because the "yotes" ate his backstraps!
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

JustinNC

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2010, 09:40:47 am »
Nice deer!

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2010, 06:48:32 pm »
Maybe a small neck roast in there ;D Bob

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2010, 12:55:19 pm »
Dang you arent kidding.... I wouldn't have beleived they could eat up a whole deer over night like that.
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline predatorcaller

• life is short-enjoy it
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2010, 07:31:04 pm »
those darn yotes don,t miss a thing.I shot a nice big doe(rifle) here in Penna, on Friday and Saturday morning the gut pile was completley gone.around 9am Saturday a pair of yotes came to check up on the gutpile.Only 1 left.I,ve never seen so much coyote sign ever.I shot 1 in bear season with the muzzloader and missed one running during early rifle.Will be back to that area to do some calling when bobcat season comes in.Nice bucks!!have a great day-Lloyd