Author Topic: update on surgery and BOM contest  (Read 4974 times)

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
update on surgery and BOM contest
« on: November 25, 2010, 01:38:21 pm »
hey friends,
 my open heart surgery is scheduled for monday the 29th.  i am going to post Bow of the month contest a little early this month so i can get it going before i am in the hospital. I will be in the hospital for 5 or 6 days an when i get out i will be able to close it  out and announce the winners.  i hope every one is okay with this as this is the only way i can figure on getting it done this month.  i am going to get my wife to log in under my name and update you guys on how my surgery went monday afternoon. hope everyone has an awesome thanksgiving take care.  :)  ~josh
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 01:42:41 pm by Josh »
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: update on surgery and BOM contest
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 01:51:51 pm »
We all will keep you in our thoughts and prayers, buddy.  I'm glad your bride is going to keep us posted, thanks. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 02:41:03 pm »
Don't worry about us Josh.  Most of us have learned patience over the years of wood bow building.  ;D I think we will let you by this time but don't make a habit of it!  ;D
  You guys take care and remember you are all in our thoughts. We will be looking forward to the good news from your wife after your surgery.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Keenan

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 02:46:13 pm »
We will keep you in the prayers Josh. Don't worry about the board, just take care of yourself.  I had open heart and an Ascending Aortic aneurysm repair about 4 years ago.  I also have a Bicusbid aortic valve, but so far mine is stable with no stenosis.  So I know what your going through. Lulyn is an ultra sound tech and dose heart echos as well and has been through watching me go through everything, so if she has questions or just need some reasurance fee free to have her call Lulyn.   Let us know if we can help at all Josh. Please have your wife keep us posted on your recovery.  Keenan
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 02:51:28 pm by Keenan »

Offline NTD

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 03:02:20 pm »
Yep, Don't worry about us take care of number one.  We'll be thinking of you and wishing a speedy recovery!
Nate Danforth

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 05:22:13 pm »
Josh, I wish you all the best for your surgery, and man, I wish you good patience with yourself afterwards!!! (Believe me, I know what I'm talking about)
Frank
Frank from Germany...

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 11:04:27 pm »
 Will be sending up a strong prayer for a good surgery and a super recovery.  '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline Josh

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2010, 03:51:42 pm »
Thanks everyone for the prayers and words of encouragement...  :)  It's getting closer to time and I must admit I am getting a little nervous about it but I know I have some of the best guys in the whole world praying for me right now so thank you all.  :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Keenan

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, 07:59:49 pm »
 Keeping you in the prayers bro, First week can be a little rough, and they will have you up walking the next day. By the end of the week you'll be doing laps on the floor and they'll cut you lose. ALWAYS keep that teddy bear close by for coughing or sneezes, It's a bummer when you don't have it. Also keep in mind it's normal to get emotional for weeks after open heart surgery.  Something about someone literally touching your heart. They warned me and it is definitely true.   Call if you or your wife need to.  Keenan

Offline Josh

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2010, 08:14:22 pm »
thank you Keenan.  :)

Offline RG

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2010, 08:33:34 pm »
We will be thinking about you Josh and ditto on the Teddy Bear  He will be your best friend for a few days

Ron

Offline Josh

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2010, 08:47:59 pm »
Thanks Ron  :)  Everyone tells me it feels like you are coming apart if you don't support your chest when you cough or sneeze.  Not looking forward to that at all.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2010, 08:52:29 pm »
To hell with the BOM for now...You go and get fixed up...and come back in as good as new shape...Take Care my Friend...and God be with you and your in the upcoming days...
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Josh

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2010, 08:56:59 pm »
Thank you, Mike.  And thanks for being my friend too.  :)

Offline NTD

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2010, 09:04:23 pm »
Gosh Josh, I can't imagine the anxiety you must be feeling, but it's got to be good to know you'll have so many people thinking about you.  Take it easy, rest well, and don't be worrying about BOM and let that new bride take care of you!  Best of luck my friend and God Bless You.
Nate Danforth