Author Topic: hickory bow (not for bom) flight shooting results w/hunting arrows  (Read 11411 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: hickory bow (not for bom) flight shooting results w/hunting arrows
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2010, 07:44:12 pm »
 Great looking bow, Ken. That sucker looks fast.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline okiecountryboy

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2010, 10:35:01 pm »
Have mercy!  :o
Ken, that is some kinda sweet! The colors are perfect camo...The black will throw everything off in the 4 hoof world. I guarantee that sucker is fast! I don't need a radar gun to tell if a car is speeding. And with that #age...Just wait till you can line two of them little hoofer's up at a time... pull it to 29"...You got grub for 2 seasons! (oh..uh...might be illegal ;D). Definitely one to be proud of.
@NTD, Hick works great here in Arizona, Just let it get used to the climate here. As you know wood is in a whole different universe in the south west.
@Rich, You have drawn more people to the molle than honey draws bears.
Anyway Ken, Thanks For Sharing such a fine weapon!

God bless
Ron
God, honor, country, bows, and guns.

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2010, 11:44:55 pm »
little john the difference" to me" between the molle and holmie would be from what ive read the holmie is tillered back and belly with stiff outer limbs ,leaving the handle and stiff tips protruding from the back .other than that maybe a longer working limb ratio.

Rich thanks for the info ,not much time to search while on nights. im beginning to think it did pretty good with cast.

Alan thats some great info, thanks , i didnt see a selfbow category in your list .this ones a board but still one piece of wood.arrows i used were regular hunting arrows .is there a limit or standard to fletch ,weight , length in the broadhead class?  this is very fun and addictive by the way

thanks Eddie ! its quick alright , but i guess in my mind for hunting bows if i measure cast with hunting arrows like we talked about on your bow i will get a better idea of lethality than if i were shooting flight arrows or just testing speed.

thanks Ron i intend to use this one soon maybe it'll be good medicine! as far as the molle design in general it has the high points for speed and efficiency. light stiff tips, mid working limbs, open string angle with no stack even in a short bow. i

Offline Little John

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2010, 01:55:21 am »
Ken, I have never heard of the molle design til this post. Also I have never heard of the holmie being tillerd from both back and belly. I have done several bows that I considered to be holmies but always with backs following one groth ring 64-66 inche osage that sent hunting arrows 210 yards with a 68-70# draw @ 29+inches.I always keep the outer limbs ultra light as possible and non bending, it is such a good design I will probably never build other designs. I do plan to make one with a raised handle section from a small diameter pole stave. Again a great bow and great design you got there, I really like it a lot, enjoy.      Kenneth
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 02:09:11 am by Little John »
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline avcase

« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2010, 02:19:48 am »
Ken,
There is a primitive self bow category in flight shooting but I didn't recall any being shot in the broadhead classes this year.  This was a real down year for the primitive classes.  Modern composites dominated.  At my first flight shoot in 2004, the primitive classes pretty much stole the show.  It appears that 2011 will be a good year for primitive once again and it's about time!
-Alan

Offline half eye

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2010, 10:26:40 am »
Hey Ken,
      Looked up the equipment rules for Primitive flight shooting in the USA. Sent ya a email....but going to post it here in case anybody else is interested. Hope it dont take up too much space.
rich

Offline half eye

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2010, 10:29:32 am »
Since it dont print out the whole document , heres two more sets. One is for recurves and one is for longbows.
rich

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2010, 11:52:00 am »
little john im baseing my info on the tbb. from memory i could be wrong . try the molle its a great design
thanks alan for the info
rich thanks for the info also now if i can figure out how to open them lol !