Author Topic: looking for Outfitters  (Read 2178 times)

Offline Bonsai

looking for Outfitters
« on: November 03, 2010, 09:40:51 am »
Hello, friends of the bow hunt.
A few of my German archery friends and I would like to experience the real thing and actually hunt with our bows.
Unfortunately, that’s illegal in Germany. So we decided to try to draw first blood in the southern part of the US.
Since we are all absolute beginners, we would like to use an outfitter service.
We would like to hunt javelinas, hogs and if possible turkeys.

So here is my question: can you recommend any outfitters from personal experience?

If the timing works out, we would like to combine that with a visit to the 15th TN Classic, that's in 2012, right?

thx
Stephan

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: looking for Outfitters
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 10:09:30 am »
No Javelinas and not many hogs in my part of TN. Plenty of Turkey :)You will probably have to go west for Jav.'s Sure would love to have yall at the Classic ,that is for sure.It will be the first weekend in May of that year.Maybe someone will chime in with some outfitters close by.Good luck.  :) There are some hogs in east TN.but  don't really know any outfitters. Maybe Mike
[Yazoo] on here can help.I know he guides for Turkey,not sure on hogs. Look him up on here and pm him and tell him what you want to do.Mike knows everybody. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cracker

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 11:17:27 am »
I would suggest you contact Eddie "Mullet" Parker he is overrun with pigs and should be able to help.Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 04:37:02 pm »
I would suggest you contact Eddie "Mullet" Parker he is overrun with pigs and should be able to help.Ronnie
I would contact Eddie also. He and a few guys have been hunting on some great commercial ranches and could tell you who would be the best to contact.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 07:04:56 pm »
I'm guiding some hunts this year on a big ranch in South Florida. They are 3 day hunts for turkeys, nothing guaranteed but a lot of turkeys. And there are plenty of hogs. We have room and board or a hotel is 14 miles away. Ft. Meyers airport is not far as is Tampa or Orlando. PM me for an email address and we wil fill you in on the details. A year ago I shot 39 hogs during our 5 week turkey season. They were tasty at the Classic.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline sailordad

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 08:53:33 pm »
man Eddie that sounds like a heck of great time
im jealous,all them turkeys and hogs
you got it made
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 10:28:40 pm »
 Tim, It ain't free.  :'(  and I have to work to hunt it. But it is in True Osceola Turkey country.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?