Author Topic: 8 in a row  (Read 1543 times)

Offline warhawk

8 in a row
« on: October 24, 2010, 10:13:31 pm »
I was thinking about nugget working on flakes and i started finding flakes to arrowheads from i made 8 in a row. There are 2 coral the pendant and the orange one. There are 3 obsidian , i novaculite and the last one was from a flake of crystal quartz that i found. i like to work with quartz and rhyolite. Enjoy.

[attachment deleted by admin]
In working in stone i find my past, in giving of the blood i pay for the future.

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
Re: 8 in a row
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 10:18:31 pm »
Cool stuff. Wish u could have made it up to the house the other weekend.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline arappaho

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 10:55:57 pm »
Pretty work, warhawk.
Ya know, I'm looking at all the local quartz alot closer these days myself.
Joe

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 02:22:32 pm »
Nice work.

Russ
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 04:03:37 pm »
Cool! Fun when you can consistantly knock out points without breaking any ain't it ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline warhawk

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 05:39:06 pm »
I've got some examples of quartz arrowheads and their amazing because of the difficulty to work with them. I'm getting better in my ratio with the arrowheads i'm making. Ive been working on preforms and blades. i have provided a picture it came out a little fuzzy but you get the idea.

[attachment deleted by admin]
In working in stone i find my past, in giving of the blood i pay for the future.