Author Topic: viking decor (sorta) Molle  (Read 4178 times)

Offline okiecountryboy

viking decor (sorta) Molle
« on: October 09, 2010, 12:38:50 am »
Hey fellas
Just finished up a mollegabet given to me by Half Eye with some dragon designs. It's 59" TTT, 58" NTN. Pulls 55-58#'s at 26-28" draw. It was sealed with Rich's pitch/grease mix. He did 6 coats or so, I've done two. That mix really soaks up well in the arizona heat.I believe he did about a 50/50 mix. ( Rich correct me if I'm wrong)
Anyway, Went with a dragon design...Top limb, head and body of dragon...Bottom limb, body and tail of same. No full draw pic for now, I will post one later. ( torn ligaments in my right arm...Pulling the draw is a new adventure in pain every time LOL) I will see if I can get my son-in-law to get me a draw pic till my arm heals.  The tiller though is spot on ( thanks Rich). Also wrapped in black and red cordage.
Tell me what you think...I did the acrylic by hand...Should have drawn it out first, but got in a hurry as usual...

Ron

[attachment deleted by admin]
God, honor, country, bows, and guns.

Offline okiecountryboy

Re: viking decor (sorta) Molle
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 12:47:55 am »
Well,  just checked post... Sorry about blurry pics.
will try to post more. i think my cell camera came out better than the digital cam.
Ron

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline LEGIONNAIRE

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 01:04:31 am »
WOW! very cool bow Ron! Im glad you got to make one especially one this nice. Did you just finish it or did you also tillered it a bit?
This one has been one of my favorite bows, especially the color, cant say enough. Hope your back gets better.

Cesar
CESAR

LEGIONNAIRE ARCHERY

Offline okiecountryboy

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 01:21:09 am »
Hey Cesar
Just finished. Half Eye had it tillered perfectly. BTW, It's a real rocket launcher! When my arm heals up I'm thinking about trying it out on body armor LOL.
Thanks for lookin.

God Bless
Ron

Offline okiecountryboy

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 01:26:21 am »
OOPS
Forgot to mention that It's walnut. Got another one from Half Eye that I will tiller and finish myself. It's a maple/hick backed...Can't waite to heal up!

Ron

Lombard

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 10:07:30 am »
Looks really nice, and I the artwork is wonderful. Where is the full draw photo?

Offline half eye

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010, 11:37:12 am »
Okie,
     Damn Son, that's really pretty I like it ....a lot. Cant wait to see the other one, if it's half as nice your gonna have to do a build along on how you do that.....very nice

Offline Thwackaddict

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 02:20:12 am »
Okie that is very nice,like the color scheme!!cant wait to see the next one!!
Hello everyone.My name is Randy and I am addicted to THWACK!!

Southwest,VA

Offline okiecountryboy

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 05:29:06 am »
Looks really nice, and I the artwork is wonderful. Where is the full draw photo?

Lombard
Thanks. The full draw will have to waite for now as I mentioned, I really did some nasty injuries to my right arm ligaments. At this time, I don't think I could pull a kids bow without using words (for bout 10 minutes) that I cannot post here!LOL!

Half Eye as far as a build-along....Well, You did all of the work. All I did is start at one end of the critter and hoped for the best at the other end while painting. To be perfectly honest just holding my arm at that angle while scribbling was...well...@%$$#!!!@#@#!! Painful. could'nt done it without you. You have turned me into a molle BELIEVER!

Thwak,
I really appreciate it. Next time i plan on not rushin so much. Nice words from ya'll,  means a ton, because I've seen all of your work and that is where I get the inspiration to keep going after all of the firewood I have created since I was bitted by this bug!LOL!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

God Bless
Ron

Offline Autumnbear

• My drum site
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 11:12:22 pm »
That's awesome. I love those folks who think outside the box. I want to do Norse Runes in scripted on it.
"WHY DON'T WE LIBERATE, THESE UNITED STATES WE'RE THE ONES WHO NEED IT THE WORST
LET THE REST OF THE WORLD HELP US FOR A CHANGE AND REBUILD AMERICA FIRST"--MERLE HAGGARD

CLEAN AND SOBER AND PROUD OF IT HOSS!!!

Offline denny

• my site
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 03:16:51 pm »
Smart looking job there chap. I like Rich's bows and this is another fine pc of work. Your art work is very impressive for a steady hand.lol I recently hurt my arm in the shop. Watch those power tools. My big griz sander blew my should back when my fingers got to close. Pulling tentons and ligaments. It is getting better now. So hang in there and just keep rubbing the bow or the arm.lol Denny

Offline okiecountryboy

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2010, 03:56:19 pm »
Autumnbear
thanks . I was thinking about runes as well. Why not...They are Viking/Norse bows. Been studying  runes and Norse symbols. I really like the 3 cups of Odin...Simple but nice design. If I remember correctly It symbolizes the 3 journeys/tasks/or processes that Odin went through to make mead. Maybe Thor's hammer haven't decided yet. Will have to study more. Anyway look it up. There are so many really good looking Nordic symbols on the net.
Denny
Yep... Rich's work is not just great, but backs it up with some pretty good historical facts. Thanks for the compliments. Hope you get healed up soon.

God Bless
Ron

Offline JBL

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 08:37:50 pm »
Very cool.  I am reading a series of books by Robert Low-historical fiction on a group of Norse Warriors called the "Oathsworn" and there is some archery in the books by both the Norse and their enemies.  That bow would be right at home in one of the Oathsworn hands.  Thank you for sharing.