Author Topic: 4 days and counting.  (Read 9601 times)

Offline BearG

Re: 4 days and counting.
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2010, 01:47:47 pm »
I quite smoking about 6 years ago that was easy.  I've tried a couple times to stop dipping and can't.  I think they put crack in the stuff. 
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2010, 02:53:15 pm »
TJ.
look up "kill the can dot org".. all one word.
everyone there is quittin dip as well and it is a good place to rage if you need to. plus there is a ton of good info on that site.. 

it is hard as hell but you can do it.
I have not dipped since 6/15/10 almost 4 months..
been struggling with cigars some every once in a while... like a knapp in or event...

but u can do it hang in there dude.
after 3 days all nic is out of your system.
after that it is just mind games and the fog.. work through that and you are game.
call me if you need to.
wade
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 03:02:37 pm by n2everythg »
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2010, 07:35:40 pm »
Don't give up TJ.  I dropped the dipping in March after 36 years of having some form of tobacco in my mouth.  July 28th I quit smoking.  If all else fails, get your favorite flavor of sunflower seeds.  It will help with the chewy and the urge to spit. 

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2010, 08:05:11 pm »
It was tuff today. I was out knapping most of the day and I wanted dip bad. Will have to try seeds tomorrow. Thanks guys for all the support.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Postman

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2010, 09:16:05 pm »
Good luck nugget - keep huggin' your kids ;)
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline aero86

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2010, 01:20:07 am »
i remember how the first couple days it was easy, then it got harder.  i dont remember how i quit.  i just stopped.  i pretty much got it in my head, i shouldnt be doing it its bad, my mom would kill me!  lol.  but some how, it worked.  was still very hard though
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2010, 01:47:21 pm »
I quit dipping for nearly fifteen years once, then I took me one dip and it was on again. I could eat Copenhagen on toast. :)
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline nugget

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2010, 07:38:37 pm »
It has been over a week. I made it through the weekend free of tobacco. Had to go to the sunflower seeds Saturday. I don't think I will ever lose the craving for the taste.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline sailordad

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2010, 09:41:21 pm »
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
your on your way now brother
the seeds are a great choice ti fill that void of chewing and spitting
dont worry about the taste,after awhile you wont even remember what it was like

GOOD ON YOU
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2010, 05:51:40 pm »
Yeah good job man. I saw two people that I really cared about die within about 2 months of each other from cigarette related illnesses and that was enough of a wake up call for me. It was still hard to quit but I'm kind of like sailordad where the smell gets to me now, except if it's a cigar or pipe tobacco for some reason those have an appealing smell. I sure don't crave one if I'm drinking though because when I even smell them then I feel like puking.
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline nugget

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2010, 06:00:26 pm »
The smell of tobacco is like a drug. I love to smell chewing tobacco, un lit cigars, and un lit pipe tobacco. Lit cigs make me gag.
Oh yah. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks.

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2010, 12:45:31 am »
For me this was the ticket..
Go to the sheets gas station.

they sell a brand of sunflower seeds. it is Jim Beam soaked Jalapeno flavor sunflower seeds.
Just enough bite that you got somethign to spit and something do to do with your tounge and lips and stuff.
try it out.
stay with it bro.
later
wade
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2010, 09:20:11 am »
For me this was the ticket..
Go to the sheets gas station.

they sell a brand of sunflower seeds. it is Jim Beam soaked Jalapeno flavor sunflower seeds.
Just enough bite that you got somethign to spit and something do to do with your tounge and lips and stuff.
try it out.
stay with it bro.
later
wade

Wow, Jim Beam + jalapeno's + sunflower seeds?  That's an awesome combination.  I'm going to Sheetz right now!
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

JustinNC

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2010, 09:29:50 am »
sounds like a helluva conglomerance.....let me know how they is JC

Offline nugget

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2010, 05:19:13 pm »
Aint got no sheetz gas stations around here in the hills.  :'(