Author Topic: so i cheated..  (Read 3362 times)

Offline aero86

so i cheated..
« on: October 04, 2010, 10:43:07 pm »
and bought one

shoots pretty well.  the draw is nifty on the bow.  its not a true composite because its fiberglass, but its about 47lbs at 28.  i shot it a couple times from the right side, boy is it gonna take some time to get it down.  every time i was hitting the fence! lol.  messed up one of my 3 new cane arrows in the process.
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: so i cheated..
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 11:09:00 pm »
Now I can take my Kassai bow out of the gunsafe again!!!

Are you using the traditional thumb draw with the arrow on the "off" side? 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline aero86

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 11:47:35 pm »
yeah, you maybe can! lol

i need to make a proper thumb ring.  i got a piece of thick leather from a saddle shop, im just not feeling it.  but ya, i tried shooting it traditionally.  that will take some getting use to! 
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 12:12:04 am »
I just gave up and shot mine the Meditereanean style.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline aero86

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 12:57:10 am »
thats what im doing.  but im not gonna give up.  but im gonna need a bigger back stop to learn with!! lol

JustinNC

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 09:50:46 am »
Looks nifty. I got to see some of Jame Parker's horn bows this weekend. WOW, can't imagine what kind of work goes into them. So who cares if you cheated, a "real" bow like that is an incredible amount of work, and could possibly not even hold together.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 11:17:15 am »
yeah, you maybe can! lol

i need to make a proper thumb ring.  i got a piece of thick leather from a saddle shop, im just not feeling it.  but ya, i tried shooting it traditionally.  that will take some getting use to! 

Aero....don't worry about accuracy tight now....move to within 5 yards of your Target....and do nothing but practice form....get some muscle memory built up....the accuracy will come with time....and I would not waste time with leather....get a good bone one. I have a Kassai Bow also...the Bear Model I believe....and a Toth...I enjoy them both.
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline aero86

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 12:39:30 pm »
thanks El!  and you have two! not fair! lol.  thats were i was when i wasnt hitting the target, 5 yards from it! lol

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 01:19:16 pm »
Well then ....get 5 foot....whatever it takes...so you can just concentrate only on form...not arrow placement
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline aero86

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 02:16:44 pm »
yeah, i will.  theres an outdoor archery range not far from me that isnt doing any 3d shooting this weekend that im gonna go to.  they have huge backstops perfect for blank bale'ing