Main Discussion Area > Bows

Wood Burning Tool

<< < (2/4) > >>

Pappy:
The belly I am sure would be OK. But I wouldn't try it on the back.I want my back as smooth as a babies behind.The raw hide deal Minuteman mentioned would probably work,never tried it but a good idea. :)
   Pappy

Justin Snyder:
Think airbrush and paint.  ;) Justin

330bull:
John Strunk has a vine maple bow that is totally stained in charcoal and it looks pretty sweet.  He just pulled some from a camp fire, mixed it with some water and rubbed it directly into the wood.

If you want a "burned look", why not just take some charred wood and rub it in for a cool burnt/camo look?  You could cover the whole bow of just take a chunk and use it like a fat piece of chalk.

If you try something cool and new, please share with us OK?

Good luck!

Pat B:
Bull, I have used charcoal with water and bear grease to color bows, especially hickory. The charcoal gets in ther grain and really shows it off nicely.   Pat

AndrewS:
The colouring with the charcoal sounds good. I have to try on one of the next bows.

I think, you can make a  tattoo in the rawhide and then back the bow with. Newbies on the tattoo job will train with ears of a pig. May be it will work with wet rawhide???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version