Main Discussion Area > Arrows

Rosewood Shafts Question???

(1/3) > >>

D. Tiller:
Well, I just harvested some wild rosewood shafts a few weeks ago and have been straightenning them as they dry. But beyong that point I have no ideas how to prepare them. Can anyone give me some pointers here?

Thanks

David T.

1/2primitive:
Here are some instructions from Mickey Lotz's site.      http://groups.msn.com/ferretsarcherywebpage/roseshootarows.msnw
     Sean

Pat B:
If anyone knows, Mickey knows!   One thing I know about rose is you don't want to peel it too soon or it WILL check.   Pat

D. Tiller:
Boy, that rose does not look like the wild rose we have here in Western Washington. Looks more like domestic rose. Here its got really small thorns, small flowers and rough bark.  Have no idea how it will be different. Anyone made arrows from the same stuff we have out here?

tomm:
Hi Dave first don't peel them to soon as they will check. I just took the Thorn's off and bundled them took them out about once a week to hand straiten and re bundled them when dry scrape off bark and use heat to put final straiten on them and see how they shoot. had a lot of trouble getting the spine right as they would shoot about 6' to the left that is why I bought store bought arrows at lest they went where I was looking.Well have fun with them tomm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version