Author Topic: Quality Airgun Repairs  (Read 13953 times)

Offline stickbender

Re: Quality Airgun Repairs
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2010, 09:13:06 am »

NP, the rifle in the picture, with the hogs, what model, brand, and cal. is it and is it a lever action, like a winchester, and the one in the picture with the doves, what brand and model is it, and where is the cocking lever on it, and what cal. ?  When you shot the hogs in the head, where did you shoot,  "between the eyes, in the ear, between the ear, and eye, behind the ear, etc." ?
Thanks.  You've got my curiosity up about those air guns.  I see they have a .50 cal. but not much velocity.  Maybe a .30, or 40, would be better.
                                                                          Wayne

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2010, 04:09:32 pm »

NP, the rifle in the picture, with the hogs, what model, brand, and cal. is it and is it a lever action, like a winchester, and the one in the picture with the doves, what brand and model is it, and where is the cocking lever on it, and what cal. ?  When you shot the hogs in the head, where did you shoot,  "between the eyes, in the ear, between the ear, and eye, behind the ear, etc." ?
Thanks.  You've got my curiosity up about those air guns.  I see they have a .50 cal. but not much velocity.  Maybe a .30, or 40, would be better.
                                                                          Wayne

The Winchester style lever action is a Shin Sung Career 707 ULTRA shoots a .360 round, with a 5 rounds mag, the top one is the .50 cal  and still gets plenty velocity, shoots The 183gr rounds at 900 fps or 300 FPE  ;D

I shoot at all of the above, between the eyes, between eye and hear or behind the hear depending on the angle given to me by the porkers

The gun with the doves is a .22 has a butter smooth side lever action and a 10 rounds clip.

What would you be hunting with a airgun ?
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline stickbender

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2010, 09:02:07 pm »

Anything from doves, to hogs, turkeys, deer, coyotes, etc.  What is the velocity of the .36?  The .50 cal that I saw in the catalog, only listed about a 650 ft/sec velocity.  What weight bullet is the .36 caliber?  And how low are they?  I originally wanted a good quality .22 cal air gun for grouse hunting, in Montana.
                                                                                       Thanks, Wayne

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2010, 01:48:57 am »

Anything from doves, to hogs, turkeys, deer, coyotes, etc.  What is the velocity of the .36?  The .50 cal that I saw in the catalog, only listed about a 650 ft/sec velocity.  What weight bullet is the .36 caliber?  And how low are they?  I originally wanted a good quality .22 cal air gun for grouse hunting, in Montana.
                                                                                       Thanks, Wayne

First of all remember that there's guys out there that can significantly power up airguns .

The .50 cal you saw was probably the "Dragon Slayer" That is an extremely accurate gun, the ones that come out today shoot the 183gr roundball at over 700 fps that is about 200 FPE, those guns can easyly be powered up to 300 FPE or 900 fps, but you don't really need that much.

My 707 Ultra shoots the 71gr .360 roundball at 1000 fps, those rounds are a nickle a piece, gotta love how cheap you can run an airgun  ;D ;D
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline stickbender

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2010, 03:50:08 am »

Thanks, NP, who makes those guns, and who would you send it to upgrade the air chamber, or velocity?  That .36 sounds like a winner. ;)  But I would like a .50 .  The only problem, I would have to get an air tank, or two.  But that sounds like the ticket for Montana! ;)  Especially off of my porch!  How loud are the .36 and the .50?

Wayne