Author Topic: Squirrels  (Read 10547 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: Squirrels
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2010, 01:53:44 pm »
That ain't shit Wally....they introduced the European Pine Martin here in the USA to control some.damned Beetle.that they ate in Europe....well.as viscous as Tue little Buggers are...and as big as they are....they decided that Red Squirrels and Bird Eggs were a much better diet....so now you can go almost  a full season without ever seeing a Squirrel or a Partridge....that Human INGENUITY......
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2010, 07:04:57 pm »
 The squirrel my Grandson is holding is 15" from the tip of the nose to the base of the tail.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2010, 07:22:28 pm »
That's a big Tree Rat ..Eddie
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2010, 10:49:41 pm »
 Mike, in this species that is average. With tails they are all of 3' long. They are getting real scarce now and tasted like crap eating them anyway. They spend there day in Longleaf pines eating pine cones.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline wally

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2010, 05:25:05 am »
That looks like a very big squirrel to me.
Been out with my mate with his air rifle and bagged 4 grey yesterday. I've got their skins soaking in water overnight, but as my missus is a vegetarian she thinks I'm a murderer and don't want them cooking in the house so I've frozen the carcases. She doesn't know what's in the plastic bag in the bottom of the freezer trays, ssh!
I'm trying to tan two of the skins and make green rawhide with the others to try for bowstrings.
Anyone know when you cut rawhide into long stringlike strands do you the plait it?
and hey! Let's be careful out there