Main Discussion Area > Bows

61 1/4" tri-lam "Trouble Maker"

(1/7) > >>

Pat B:
You guys remember my post, "What to do", well this is what I done! This bow began as a boo backed hickory over 2 years ago and when I hinger her she went to the "Corner...". I took her out a few weeks ago and ground down the hickory belly wood and added a vertical boo belly. I had left the handle area too thick under the boo belly so she was quite whip ended. >:(  Well, after sanding the boo off of the belly, thinning the hickory even more and adding osage slats(spliced) for a new belly she was on her way, again! Now do you remember the  handle splice coming apart last week? >:(  I removed the short overlay(not long enough to support the splice) reglued the splice and added 3 thin lams of graduating lengths so they would flex a little if needed. ???
   "Trouble Maker" is 61 1/4" t/t,  I removed 1 1/2" from the top limb of the old bow to make her symmetrical. She is 1" (1 1/2" before) at the fades and a straight taper to 5/16" tips. The boo back is slightly trapped to releave some of the tension.
53#@26" and she zips an arrow. ;D The handle wrap is the same hemp as on the osage splinter. After the handle splice came apart I wasn't gonna have that happen again. I found this hemp cord at Wally World and was amazed how strong it was. It has a tight wrap and is set in Massey finish and with a floppy rest. The tip overlays are bison horn from Justin with whitetail antler tips. I have not you put a finish on her and may do some sort of design on the boo back for camo effect. 
   Here she is.... ;D                            Pat

[attachment deleted by admin]

Justin Snyder:
Looks like it is ready to make trouble for some white tail.  I sure do like to see a bow resurrected from the corner of shame. This one is a real treasure after all the grief it caused.  I like the limb tips. This bow looks pretty, like you planned it from the beginning.  Justin

Pat B:
 ;D     Pat

ps. She almost kicked my butt but she hasn't yet!!! I do think she has vengeance in her make-up...or else like a pound puppy, loyal to the end.

Dustybaer:
congratulations pat.  i knew you could do it.  remember i said she'll be ready for the tennessee classic cat fight  ;D

Jbell:
NIce one Pat! Those floppy rests are the best, they really keep the arrow where it is supposed to be and are simple to make. Congratulations!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version