Author Topic: been awhile  (Read 1694 times)

Stringman

been awhile
« on: September 22, 2010, 01:29:12 pm »
I know it's been awhile since I've been on here. Been doing vacations and went to MOJam, back to work... you know the things that don't really matter. But I have found a little time here and there to sit down and do some knapping, Once again, I learned alot from the guys at the Jamboree, and picked up some really nice rock to beat on. I hate that I still do alot of breaking good stuff, but try to keep it in perspective (it's just rock!) So here ya go...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline bowmo

Re: been awhile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 02:21:20 pm »
Real nice lookin' points

Offline warhawk

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 03:59:30 pm »
They are awesome points.
In working in stone i find my past, in giving of the blood i pay for the future.

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 05:01:53 pm »
Beautiful work!  :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 05:37:20 pm »
Super nice work
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 06:20:56 pm »
 Great looking points. Especially like those first two.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Timo

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 08:25:52 am »
Good stuff Boy! ;)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 08:12:01 am »
Very nice work,I like them all. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Stringman

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 10:26:02 am »
Thanks guys for the kind words. The obsidian has been a fun diversion, but not as satisfying as making a nice chert point or knife. The first and the last pics are pieces of local chert that I picked up around here. I believe Brad called it a burlington, but I can't remember the specifics. I love the fact that I don't even have to heat these rocks and still get outstanding workability from some of them. If I had the right setup heatin them might make them better, but the way I see it --  why bother?

Hey Tim, I guess you recognized the cane shafts. I have turned 8 of them into some awful nice shootin sticks. Sure do appreciate your generosity, they are perfectly tuned for my latest osage bow. I am totally impressed with the way they fly, and not real sure I want to go back to dogwood now.

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 11:40:52 am »
Nice work!
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

JustinNC

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 05:24:40 pm »
Well let me be honest with ya...I really don't want you to feel obligated to sit around and hunt or have to look at or even think about those heads that you made just getting back into the swing of things. You really should let me dispose of them for you, that way you can start with a clean slate (no pun intended) and not have to fume over those "practice" heads. ;)

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2010, 09:25:38 pm »
Great heads, I like them all but the first an last are really outstanding. ::) Later Bob