Author Topic: Tennessee Classic Bamboo Backed Ipe Reflex Deflex Bow  (Read 21640 times)

Offline leehongyi

Re: Tennessee Classic Bamboo Backed Ipe Reflex Deflex Bow
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2014, 12:18:49 am »
 El Destructo, what's the thickness of ipe from the fade to the tip? and what thick of bamboo it is? thank you!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2014, 12:34:06 am »
El De hasn't been on PA for a few years.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline leehongyi

« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2014, 01:02:45 am »
what a shame!

Offline Wiley

« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2014, 03:09:35 am »
Now that this thread has been bumped, just wanted to say I have admired this one for a while. Found it while looking up bamboo backed ipe bows on google and this one stands out. Looks excellent, and crazy fast with the chrono to prove it. This bow is my frame of reference for what to strive for in a reflex deflex bow.

Although I did click on the thread expecting to see a new bamboo backed ipe from the 2014 Tennessee Classic, this is still a great bow.

Offline Badger

« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2014, 05:11:37 am »
  It is a beautiful bow but I highly doubt that the test results are valid. Even the modern carbon long bows with similar profiles will not approach those numbers. This particular bow has the tips resting about even with the back of the bow when unbraced. With a valid strict test using a 10 grain arrow my quess would be in the low 180's which is still excellent. I have tested many mant bows over a lot of years and I learned there aint no magic bows out there, modern or primitive.