Author Topic: first bow,needed band aids  (Read 1548 times)

Offline goatfarmer67

first bow,needed band aids
« on: September 08, 2010, 10:20:44 pm »
got my first bow tillered and thought i would shoot a couple of arrows through it.so i strung it and excersized it 50 times before shooting it.after which
i noticed what appeared to be splinters trying to raise under the paper backing.i band aided it with art sinew and super glue.dont know if you can
tell anything by the pics or not.the handle wrap is still wet (hemp string and TB3) i will try to get a full draw pic soon.[img][img]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline goatfarmer67

Re: first bow,needed band aids
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 10:24:16 pm »
well,cell phone pics aint all that good,just try to imagine how bad it would look if you could see it clearly :)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 12:55:32 am »
If those dark lines near the wraps are the "splinters" your hail mary effort may have been for naught!  :(
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline goatfarmer67

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 11:05:40 am »
it may very well come apart.i knew that it was not a optimum piece of wood.but i learned some stuff.
i have a very nice piece of quarter sawn white oak that i can start on now.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 12:14:17 pm »
Nothin wrong with breaking them, especially when using not so good wood and starting the learning curve.  I broke a boat-load over the first few months.  Learned a lot, though.  Glad I experimented as much as I did when starting, it taught me a bunch, moreso than by reading.
1’—>1’

Offline goatfarmer67

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 10:18:00 pm »
well,the glue was all dry today when i got home.i strung it up and shot 36 arrows out of it.
so far,so good.