Author Topic: the bow builders book  (Read 2181 times)

Offline Blacktail

the bow builders book
« on: September 08, 2010, 08:10:50 pm »
does any one have this book..and what are the pros and cons about it..and does it have any thing about solid stave bows...thanks john

Offline Blacktail

Re: the bow builders book
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 08:13:40 pm »
i am trying to find a new book...and trying to decide between this and the chester stevenson book..

Offline jhammer

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 08:20:50 pm »
from what i understand there is a lot of info on fiberglass bows i that book. i don't know how much information there is on primitive bows

Offline woodstick

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 10:51:23 pm »
billets to bows by glenn stcharles is real good all your tbb books are great, i started off with bows and arrows the cherokee way by al herin very good.
a drawn bow is a stick 9/10 broken

Offline Frode

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 11:09:12 pm »
I got the Bow Builders Book recently, and it covers stone age to glass and laminates.  Although pound for pound the TBB series probably has more, and more varied information, I found BBB interesting and useful.  Some good info on "viking" bows, as well as English War Bows, and medieval longbows (not the same animal, I learned), and good chapters on historic replicas.  I'd recommend it, and, after all, can you really have too many bow books?  :D
Frode
If it doesn't rap the lintel, it might not be a longbow.

Offline mox1968

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 03:07:03 am »
who is chester stevenson and whats his book??I have the bow builders book its not bad.stim wilcox book is very good the art of making self bows lots of good info there.