Author Topic: Nice Monkey  (Read 7653 times)

Cacatch

Re: Nice Monkey
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 04:44:53 pm »
I'm with skyarrow, draw the guage and watch 'em fly! 

Offline Badger

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2010, 04:58:21 pm »
   I have heard monkey meat is as good as it gets, I am a little funny about eating primates but I wouldn't mind trying one. Steve

Offline Tsalagi

• Just a bowman...
    • Guerilla Chef Headquarters
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 01:24:41 am »
Time for a monkey skin quiver build-along.
Living a dream...

Offline wolleybugger

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 06:11:09 am »
my ex wife looked like a monkey. ;D

Offline Parnell

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2010, 08:39:55 am »
I hear you Badger, I'd be a little leary of it, I think I'd be more concerned about disease or something.  Not sure how true it is though, with as many indigenous people eating them.
I once went on a fishing trip in Maine, and they had a bearded monkey head preserved under glass.  My buddy and I thought that was the coolest thing in the lodge. 
1’—>1’

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2010, 01:56:20 pm »
My father in law says the only thing is it's a bit disconcerting when you get to the arms and the way the little hands look a bit to similar to ours. Meats good though they eat it on the Amazon and tributaries all the time just like any other meat you get in the jungles you probably wouldn't know the difference if they took the bones out.They hang out in troupes in the small towns farther down into the jungles and especially at the end of the line. They would steal stuff from tourists and then use whatever they stole as trade in order to get you to give them food. You had to be quick when you swapped with them though or they would try and hold onto it and get more food. I remember feeling sorry for the dogs in those towns, because the monkeys were a lot stronger, smarter and meaner.
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline Parnell

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 02:14:35 pm »
It's funny how people are picky over animals.  If I ever saw a monkey messin with my dog, I wouldn't care less whether the monkey had thumbs.  Dead monkey.  Lotsa people don't value dogs though, so hey, to each their own, I suppose.

Monkey florentine, monkey nuggets, Monkey au grotin, monkey meatloaf, monkey marinara, monkey 'n eggs, monkey caciatore, Sloppy Joe the Monkey, cold monkey sandwiches with a little coleman's mustard, and last but not least, monkey blood soup.
1’—>1’

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2010, 04:55:09 pm »
I think it was more of a case of stray dogs and wild monkeys, it didn't look like the dogs were being very well cared for. Even the ones that people own in South America aren't really pets they are more working class animals. That's not to say they don't take care of the ones they own they just aren't "family" pets.
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

JustinNC

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2010, 06:13:25 pm »
Two critters give me the creeps....Spiders and Monkeys.

Grunt

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2010, 09:19:37 am »
In Vietnam we had what we called "rock apes". They would approach the wire at night and throw rocks over the wire at us. It was troublesome but sometimes the rocks would be grenades thrown by main force VC. You didn't know what was what. One night I'd had enough and got a 3.5 WP rocket launcher and shot one of those apes and started a fire that burned for two days. The back blast almost got the Lt.  No monkey meat left to eat.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2010, 03:39:11 pm »
Alright, Grunt you win the funny competition.  I imagine the situation wasn't funny at the time, but shoot, that made my laugh like crazy!  Like you didn't have enough crap to deal with, you've got monkeys throwing rocks at you!!! ;D ;D ;D
1’—>1’

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2010, 04:46:24 pm »
In Vietnam we had what we called "rock apes". They would approach the wire at night and throw rocks over the wire at us. It was troublesome but sometimes the rocks would be grenades thrown by main force VC. You didn't know what was what. One night I'd had enough and got a 3.5 WP rocket launcher and shot one of those apes and started a fire that burned for two days. The back blast almost got the Lt.  No monkey meat left to eat.

Niice.  8)   :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2010, 05:57:46 pm »
Grunt, Had the same problems with rock apes messin with the wire until we started bar b que the little -------. Tasted pretty good after to many days of c-rats an mre's.  68/69.  A long time ago, still fresh somedays, Later Bob

Offline Jesse

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2010, 12:28:52 am »
Those look like baboons to me. I had a big one wrap its arm around my leg when I was a kid in Africa. I thought it was cool but my little sister screemed and it ran away. To this day she says she saved my life :) I think it was just being friendly :)
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark