Author Topic: My friends bow I built for him at floor tilled.  (Read 2375 times)

Offline denny

• my site
My friends bow I built for him at floor tilled.
« on: August 29, 2010, 05:49:36 pm »
Bud finished it himself. I laid up the bow on my mold and glued all and floor tilled. Bud did the rest. The bow is made of boo and ash with an accent of osage in handle and bison horn chips for the tip over lays. The bow weight is 50 pds at 28 inch and 68 inches at the knocks. Wondered what you think ? Denny

[attachment deleted by admin]

half eye

Re: My friends bow I built for him at floor tilled.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 08:55:59 pm »
Cant see the bow real good.....but what I can see looks most impressive sir ;)
rich

Offline adb

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 12:46:27 am »
It's hard to tell, but it looks to me like your tiller is uneven. The bottom limb has a hinge just below the fade, and the bottom mid-limb is very stiff. The top limb looks good, try and match the bottom to it.

Offline denny

• my site
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 01:15:46 am »
Thanks for the advise, but the bottom tiller was done on purpose. It shoots like a dream and the lower limb gives it a kick. I wouldn't normally do this but this design usually ends up this way. lighter poundage it is more even, but slower.Denny Thanks Rich for the nice comment. Will work on the pics.

Offline adb

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 01:47:20 am »
Thanks for the advise, but the bottom tiller was done on purpose. It shoots like a dream and the lower limb gives it a kick. I wouldn't normally do this but this design usually ends up this way. lighter poundage it is more even, but slower.Denny Thanks Rich for the nice comment. Will work on the pics.
Why??

Offline wodpow

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 11:03:15 am »
looks kind of out of whack might be the camera angle the tiller looks uneven the lower looks to be stiff.