Author Topic: Arrow Rack Plans  (Read 5799 times)

Offline Mechslasher

Arrow Rack Plans
« on: August 21, 2010, 02:18:45 pm »
anyone have plans for a swing out arrow rack?  i saw one online a year or so ago where the rack held several dozen arrows using metal clips and folded against the wall.  i have about 500 arrows laying around my shop and i'm still making more so i really need a way to store them.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Arrow Rack Plans
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 02:21:14 pm »
 You can store some at my house. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 02:48:50 pm »
Contact Art. He has a great wall mounted rack with 3 or 4 cases that are hinged to open like a book. I've thought of making a similar one. 
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 03:09:30 pm »
i'm guessing that's who must have posted pics of it.  thanx
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 03:12:11 pm »
If you are gonna make one, might as well make two, old buddy!  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Diligence

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 08:08:07 pm »
500 arrows!  That's a bunch for sure.  I broke my 3 best arrows on Thursday night and that cut my total number of good arrows almost by half! 
"Always do your best and to everyone be kind and good" - Ernst Hjalmer Selin (1906-2000)....my grandfather's words of advice he wanted me to tell my children.

Offline aero86

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 12:13:07 am »
you would have made some money back in the day with that many arrows in england.  lol
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 01:37:02 am »
hey pat,  art sent me some pics of the swing out rack he has.  hopefully i can duplicate it using some metal arrow clips.  i'll keep you posted.   it's got to be cheaper than buying arrow cases.

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 01:57:36 am »
If you come up with the plans I'd like to copy it. Are you gonna use the metal clips like 3Rivers sells?

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 11:17:06 pm »
yep, i found and bought 300 clips similar to what 3rivers sells. 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2010, 12:35:15 am »
Same place James got his? inquiring minds...!  ;D

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2010, 11:04:19 pm »
i gave james a bag on them at the shiele museum the other week.  i'll send you a link to where i bought them.

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Tom Leemans

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2010, 05:15:42 pm »
You fellers gave me an idea for a simple yet cool rack!

As far as the clips go, you can buy 3/8" ID clear pvc tubing and cut short pieces from it, then cut a slit in it lengthwise, and screw it down. Now you have a clip you can see through that holds the shaft securely! I did that on a couple of display cases.