Main Discussion Area > Bows

New Hik Backed Cherry glue up..w/pics!!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Pat B:
Looking good. Keep um coming.   Pat

duffontap:
Great glue-up man!  That's looking promising.

J. D. Duff

Jbell:
Lookin good!  You need to break that new form in with a good splaterin of glue ;D btw your form looks great. Now get that stick tillered already! ;)

Justin Snyder:
I like the curves.  I think it will be pretty when you get it done.  Now lets get that thing tillered.  How did you like the clamping method.  It goes pretty easy once you figure out what your doing doesn't it.  Justin

Minuteman:
Yeah Justin, It works great no problems with the glue lines at all. Only one spot that looked a little thicker than the rest and it was hardly even noticeable.
 Bad thing is that I inadvertantly glued it up with the limbs out of straight.  :-[ :(It wouldn't have been a big deal if there wasn't so much sideways in it. It looked like I'd cut one side out straight from tip to tip and tapered the ends from the handle out on the other side. Threw it on the trash pile. Don't post about the " cutting in the nocks farther one side" stuff, believe me, if it wasn;t terminal I woulda tried to save it.
  I have to have learned all the ways to mess up a laminated bow by now! I mean for goodnes sake! I feel like Pigpen or something here lately! I'm outta cherry and have very little hikree thats useable for backing left so I guess I'd better start on a self bow for the Classic.
 Sorry folks , I'll try again when I get some more cherry.
I'm not used to failure, 'course I suppose lately I've had plenty so I oughtta be used to it by now.
 Thanks fer the compliments on the form , It works well,just gotta devise a method to keep the limbs straight as I apply the rubber bands. It was straight when I started , just didn't stay there. ;D
 Live and learn I guess.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version