Main Discussion Area > Bows

New Hik Backed Cherry glue up..w/pics!!

(1/3) > >>

Minuteman:
Here are the first pics that I've tried to post by myself. My wife typed up a tutorial for my un computer savy self to follow and we're gonna see if'n I can follow directions.
 These are just some pics of te bow on my new form I made over the weekend.
 Hope this works ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

DanaM:
Trying again eh ;D I see yer using Justins method with the blocks and rubberbands.
We're watching. Good Luck.

DanaM

Minuteman:
Boy yer quick, DanaM.  Eeyup , trying again.Made the form Saturday and the blocks Sunday.
 Decided since this form was so well suited to it I'd put some deflex in the handle. Theres only about a 1/2" of deflex , don't know if it'll hold any of it after the glue is done or not. Guess I'll see. . I kinda guessed where I oughtta put the deflex clamps. I divided each limb roughly into thirds and put the clamp on the first third out from the handle on each one.Theres 2 1/2" of reflex in the outer portion of the limbs
 I'm just excited about being able tio post pics!!! Now I can get advice on tillering. Ya'll know I need it!

Minuteman:
Here it is without the handle piece glued on and no tip overlays. Its sanded and rounded over on the back and the sides are trued up. Tapered the hikree from 1/8" in the middle foot er so to  1/16" at the tips.

[attachment deleted by admin]

DanaM:
She's got nice curves ;D

DanaM

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version