Author Topic: 66 inch ipe pyramid (skinned pics added)full draw added  (Read 6503 times)

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
Re: 66 inch ipe pyramid (skinned pics added)full draw added
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2010, 04:17:54 pm »
Cool Bow Ken!  Tiller looks great on it! Got it in the Runnin for August Self BOM.  Good times.   :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline profsaffel

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2010, 07:51:00 pm »
Great looking pyramid, Ken. That happens to be the latest bow design that I'm working up for Sept. Now I have a model,  ;D
Professor of History, Student of Bowyery

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2010, 10:48:50 pm »
thanks josh, professor shouldnt be a prob. after what ive seen u do

kinkfeather

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2010, 10:34:54 am »
ken looks the bow looks great.i bought a red oak plank 1x3x72 at lowes 1 end had a 1" split in it ask one of the employees if i could get a discount he said yes so i got the plank for 4 dollars an 35 cents has good grain.got home at 9 am and worked on it until 10 pm.ready for backing.65" t to t riser 5"grip 3 1/2" fades 2"to 1/2" thickness 1/4".floor tillered it bends all the way through handle.the rdb will not cover the back in 2 pieces so i think i will use linen.my wife found so material that looked like linen but it looked stronger.you may think this is crazy but i might wrap the whole bow in it.kink

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2010, 04:51:48 pm »
sounds like that will work kink. you can join rawhide with a skive jointjust sand it off to a point and overlap the feathered off parts. but linen should be fine. thanks scott ipe is a sweet wood