Main Discussion Area > Bows

belly-tempered hickory pyramid

<< < (11/13) > >>

Dustybaer:
dunno frank, since i don't seem to be able to make a bow over #40, i never had any wristpains  ;D

Marc St Louis:
Very nice bow. Gluing the silk on seems to have changed the tiler slightly. I would take just a few light scraped from the outer top limb

Dustybaer:
thanks marc, that's what i thought too.  i still want to shoot her some more and see what else shows up and then fix it all at one time.

dana, i put the rawhide handle wrap on it last night.  i'll post some pictures when i get home from work.

GregB:
Hey Marius, are you going to bring a bow with you to the Tn. Classic?

If you want to conserve space to maybe carry more home with you, we can come up with plenty of bows for you to shoot if you'd like. I have I think three bows right now that I'm not shooting. All three osage, ranging from 50-57 lbs. @ 26".

Just wanted to let you know that option was available to you if you're interested... ;)

Dustybaer:
actually, with the restrictions on importing wood, i might not be able to bring a bow.  but since i'll participate in the challenge, i hope to end up with a shootable bow  ;D  i thought you guys had already roughed one out for me   ;D

but arrows, if i could borrow some arrows, that would be nice.  i'll try to make some with pat at the campfire, but just in case. 

greg, that was very nice of you to offer and i would like to keep that as a fall-back option, if you don't mind.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version