Author Topic: diamond back found in st augustine  (Read 7052 times)

Offline Frode

Re: diamond back found in st augustine
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2010, 04:02:21 pm »
i dont care how big it is i refuse to build a 7' 3" longbow to put it on  . damn if im gonna drag that thing around  >:D
Not even a nice Na'vi bow?  O:)
Frode
If it doesn't rap the lintel, it might not be a longbow.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2010, 07:26:59 pm »
 Back in the early 70's, I killed a 8' 6" Eastern Diamondback. It had 23 rattles and a button. Growing up, I saw numerous pictures of diamondbacks bigger than that. We stil see Blue Indigo's over 9'.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline NTD

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2010, 07:51:15 pm »
And I can believe that Eddie.  Obviously not every snake within reaches of records are recorded ;D  But 15 ft... ::) Indigos are big and unfortunately dwindling in numbers, better not see them on the backs of any bows...but the biggest, well actually longest, well okay the recorded longest snake in the U.S. (native) is the gopher snake.  I can't remember exact measurements but it was at or just over 10 ft.  That's a bigun.
Nate Danforth

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2010, 08:02:18 pm »
 I just saw a Florida Pine snake a couple of months ago, first one in years, it was about 7'. It was good to see there was still some big ones.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2010, 01:17:09 am »
yall keep thinking back to the seventies ...i was still poopin puddin back then . frode bout 66inches is as long as im goin now i have my favorite styles and lengths unless im messin with someone. Pat im learnin all i can yall keep showin me things. eddie thats one snake ive never seen here although im sure they are around

Offline Postman

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2010, 10:43:45 pm »
Those big EDB and indigos down there are national treasures. Hope they can hang on. That pic reminds me of the old "hold the tiny  fish you caught WAYYYY out in front trick...like the 2 foot camel spiders  :D
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA