Author Topic: Not too late!  (Read 9920 times)

Offline zenmonkeyman

Not too late!
« on: August 18, 2010, 12:51:20 am »
For those with their finger on the pulse of the economy, I recommend the low premium over spot on gold and silver for sale at Sprott Money dot com.  There's still time to protect your wealth!  I hope I'm not violating any rules by posting this, I just want to alert my brothers to a good deal; and I doubt bullion sales cut into our sponsors' profits.
If the ppl ever allow private banks to control their currency, 1st by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around (these banks) will deprive the ppl of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Tsalagi

• Just a bowman...
    • Guerilla Chef Headquarters
Re: Not too late!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 02:45:19 am »
When investing in metals, I actually recommend copper jacketed lead. The value of that only goes up in "interesting" times. And it has a neat conversion. It can be converted into meat, with a little sweat equity investment.
Living a dream...

Offline zenmonkeyman

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 03:15:09 pm »
Oh, I couldn't agree more.  But when the crisis moves into rebuilding phase, the wealth you put into precious metals will become wealth again.  Whatever was in various papers (cash, stocks, bonds, Tbills) will be good for bum-wiping, the carbon component of your compost heap, and fire-starting.
If the ppl ever allow private banks to control their currency, 1st by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around (these banks) will deprive the ppl of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. Thomas Jefferson

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 09:05:34 pm »
 Then again, it's nice to not have a crusty butt.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 10:06:13 pm »
True. It's the little pleasures in life that make it nice to be alive. Silver bullion tends to chafe in that situation.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Tsalagi

• Just a bowman...
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 11:16:16 pm »
As long as I have my bow, my shotgun, and my wife's foraging/gathering prowess, we won't go hungry. That's the most important thing: eating.  We've never had much cash anyway.  Interesting thing about conspicuous wealth in a crisis (or after one). Tends to make you a conspicuous target.

Another thing, if we have a crisis at this stage that negates the value of currency, you might not see gold become valuable again in your lifetime. Or you might not live long enough to see it. "Gee, wish I used my money to buy ammo and arrow-building supplies. This gold just isn't edible." By the way, know what a pound of gold sells for during a famine? A slice of bread.

Not trying to defecate on your riff here, but if I'm advising anyone to buy anything for some impending crisis, it'll be dried food, ammunition, and arrow-making supplies. Bows, being quiet, will be worth their weight in, well, not gold, but flour. Or black pepper. Or salt, in some cases.

See, here's the thing about wealth. If I have a full belly, a warm fire, and shelter and can acquire those things, I am already wealthy. If I can do that in a crisis, I'm rich beyond belief.
Living a dream...

Offline Tsalagi

• Just a bowman...
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 11:18:18 pm »
Deleted by popular demand.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 01:40:32 am by Tsalagi »
Living a dream...

Offline zenmonkeyman

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 02:13:36 am »
Hunting and gathering is great when you're the only one in the woods.  Now imagine every American in the bush, many with attitudes to go with their guns.  That squirrel you shot might be "conspicuous wealth" that could get you killed.  That berry you picked might be from somebody else's "territory".  There's no one thing that will get anybody through, but a good start would be:

Bullion
Weapons
Well-hidden caches
Tradeable goods
A chicken coop
A rabbit hutch
Knowledge of food preservation
As big a garden as you can manage, or better yet:  several gardens hidden far off all beaten paths
And number 1:  A tight group of real friends.  Strength in numbers.

Offline Tsalagi

• Just a bowman...
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 11:42:02 am »
Well, I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'm not going to spend my hard-earned money on gold. Same reason I don't buy stocks. The people advocating buying gold are usually the ones selling it.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 12:30:41 am by Tsalagi »
Living a dream...

Offline zenmonkeyman

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 01:45:23 am »
Well, I hope you base your strong opinion on lots of research and not just a knee-jerk "Remember 1980!" reaction.  Because this isn't 1979 we're living in, it's 1929.  Anybody who wants a list of links to explore can PM me and I'll pass them on.

And here's an assignment for anybody who's up for some homework:  Check out how much cash the fed has printed in the last few years to give to banksters and other Ponzi fraudsters.  Then ask yourself why you're working hard for the same paper.  Then look up how much gold the fed has printed.  My money is in metal precisely BECAUSE it was hard earned.  Metal can't be printed into worthlessness.

Offline Tsalagi

• Just a bowman...
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 02:33:09 am »
Um, Zen, we're treading into political talk. A no-no.

Personally, I'm investing in wood. Port Orford Cedar, Sitka Spruce, some Hickory, maybe some Ash. I get pretty good returns on my investments, too.
Living a dream...

Offline Jesse

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 05:14:51 pm »
Here we go again. ;D
Eddie you make a great point--------nice to have a non crusty but-------Im gonna stock up on toilet paper------maybe get a few gold bars per roll  :D
When times actually get really bad-----which I believe they will---- Good friends and neighbors might be the best thing to stock up on-----I suspect in such times there will be several people looking to trade 1 bullet for everything you have stockpiled----good Idea to share
It is kind of fun to think about a post apocalyptic world where we ride around on dune buggies and choppers armored with scrap steel--------or living off the land in the woods with our clan wielding wood bows and eating grasshopper stew----- sounds fun but when survival becomes real you need to be surrounded with people you can really trust------people that see a higher purpose in life-----Hard to find good people now?------wait till our true natures are revealed through desperate times.

Dont worry

about a thing

cause every little things gonna be alright

If you have _ _ _ _ _ on your side ;)
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline sailordad

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 07:26:26 pm »
im with Jesse on this
in times like that its people your gonna want not gold and such silly items

Tsalagi: your not Gordon Krantz(kevin cosnters character from the movie THE POSTMAN),if your gonna steal qoute from someone
           your could atleast give credit for it,plagerism is a crime ya know ;)
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Tsalagi

• Just a bowman...
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2010, 01:37:49 am »
Who's Gordon Krantz? Sorry, don't watch many Kevin Costner movies. The quote in my tagline? Ok, I'll change it. If it makes you happy... Oh, wait, isn't "if it makes you happy" a line from a Sheryl Crow song? Guess I can't say that, either. Oooo....I have a great new quote that's nice and odd and I'll give credit for it, too!  ;D
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 01:45:10 am by Tsalagi »
Living a dream...

Offline sailordad

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2010, 10:37:12 am »
dman dude you cant take a little fricken joke can you
ive tried to be nice to you but screw that im done with you

you obviously read my last post,that initeself should explain whom Gordon Krantz is.
pay attention to what you read and not just take from it what you want it to say
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd