Author Topic: heat gun on sale at harbor freight  (Read 3861 times)

Offline andy thomas

heat gun on sale at harbor freight
« on: August 17, 2010, 06:48:39 pm »
just got back from harbor freight and they got heat guns on sale. the in store price is 9.99 but they had a add for another 2.00 off just ask and they will take it off. 15000 watt two speed for 7.99.

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
Re: heat gun on sale at harbor freight
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 07:09:04 pm »
Get it, cause that's a good price- but it'll burn out much quicker than a more expensive one. ;)
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 07:11:48 pm »
I've had one burn up after 2 uses (took it back), and I had one go after 6-8 months... I always buy two now just in case something happens in the middle of a job I have a backup.  :)   I won't buy an expensive one if I can just keep buying the cheapo ones... Oh yeah don't drop it either, they don't do well with shock.  :) :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline aero86

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 10:36:12 pm »
wow, 15,000 watts!?!?!   :o lol  just joking.  decent price.  but ive done a lot this past winter, over 100 shafts, for hours at a time.  i used a yellow one from home depot that was 20.  i do believe ive gotten my moneys worth.  hopefully you will out of those!
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline 4est Trekker

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 11:13:50 pm »
I agree with the yellow Wagner heat guns ($20).  The Harbor Freight varieties do have a tendency to burn out rather quickly.
"Walk softly, and carry a bent stick."

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, giving thanks to God the Father through him."  Col. 3:17

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 07:25:00 am »
All I can say is like most everything else,you get what you pay for,I stess Most of the time,So buy the best you can afford. I have owned some cheap ones early on and they didn't last very long,I bought a blue point from my Snap-On guy and have used it for several years,and it gets used a lot
around my shop.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline andy thomas

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 09:48:07 am »
just thought i would let guys know if they were looking to buy one from harbor freight anyway they might as well get one even cheaper. have bought air staplers their too that sucked seems like every three you get a good one. have had the last stapler going on three years now and it has shot alot of staples.

Offline cracker

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 11:51:33 am »
I bought a milwaukee a couple years ago used it a bunch it is still good to go.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 10:23:33 pm »
I have been using the Wagner from walmart that I paid under $20 for.  I have been using it for a year and a half, and it works great.  When it dies, I will get the same one.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left