Main Discussion Area > Bows

Power Wash the Bark Off!

<< < (5/5)

Pappy:
If I put a log in my pool it wouldn't matter if the bark came off or not,I wouldn't get to use it cause my wife would kill me.That is a cool Idea JD.I am like Pat,wonder if it would work on wood like Hickory.I have always heard you could put in a warm shower and would make it easier but
like the pool idea I would get killed.I just cut mine in the Spring and early Summer. ;D
   Pappy

duffontap:
Marlon,  ;D ;D.

Pappy,
I try to cut my white wood mostly in the summer too.  There are times though when it takes me a couple days or even weeks to strip it and I think I will use the power washer in such cases now.  I do know that keeping the stave wet will help a lot.  As far as the swimming pool goes--I guess we'll just have to find a more courageous swimming pool owner.   ;D

J. D. Duff

Pappy:
Ya JD,my wife lets me get away with a lot,but I think that would put her over the edge.
I am kind of hen pecked you know. ;D
   Pappy

duffontap:
Oh I know!  I think almost all of us have extremely understanding wives or we wouldn't be in this at all.  When we bought our house a few years ago my wife volunteered a promise to never try to park a car in our garage.  It's all mine.  What a gal!

J. D. Duff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version