Author Topic: CHRISTMAS EXCHANGE  (Read 78932 times)

Offline jthompson1995

• Parkville, MD
Re: CHRISTMAS EXCHANGE
« Reply #255 on: January 01, 2011, 09:58:13 pm »
Just about finished mine up, should be done tomorrow. Then it will go in the mail monday, heading southwest. Hope the recipient likes it.

Jason
A man who works with his hands is a laborer, a man who works with his hands and his mind is a craftsman, but a man who works with his hands, his mind and his heart is an artist. - Louis Nizer (1902-1994)

Offline Keenan

« Reply #256 on: January 02, 2011, 05:36:33 pm »
Now I really love Pat B!!!
Whoa...I really love the quiver I received for the christmas exchange. It surpasses any expectation I may have had for a gift I would be receiving.  I mean from a primitive bunch of folks. Ha! Ha! I had no idea that I would be so very blessed. It is a most awesome work of art.
Keenan says it is just too pretty to use, but I say no way, I haven't had a quiver of my own before and I am going to definetly use this one and it will be a show stopper where ever I go. :) I also really love the neck knive I also recieved. Sorry no pic yet, but we will get one posted, we forgot the knives out in the shop when we took the pics of the quiver. I am gonna love wearing my neck knive hunting and to rendevous, also if Keenan gets himself in a pickle or all tied up out in the woods, I can cut him loose...........Humm........well maybe ::) Ha! Ha!
Thank you again, Pat, it is truly a gift to be cherished. LuLyn  P. S. It is hung with pride on my very own elk rack!!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #257 on: January 02, 2011, 05:55:21 pm »
So glad you like it Lulyn and especially glad you will use it. That's what it is made for.  ;)   8)
   Is the leather disc still in the bottom? I used contact cement to keep it there but I wasn't sure if it would stay.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #258 on: January 02, 2011, 05:56:07 pm »
Fabulous quiver
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
« Reply #259 on: January 02, 2011, 06:50:16 pm »
That is a very nice quiver.  I like the looks of it a lot.  Great job Pat. :)
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline woodstick

« Reply #260 on: January 02, 2011, 08:39:41 pm »
pat is the quiver man i got 2 he made for me and my son and they will be with us forever, great work from a great man.
a drawn bow is a stick 9/10 broken

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #261 on: January 02, 2011, 10:58:55 pm »
 Beauty !  '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Grunt

« Reply #262 on: January 03, 2011, 05:16:40 pm »
Good thinks come to those that wait!!! Got a fine Beavertail hunting bag in the post today from HFD60. It will be used with my buffalo crossticks gun. The rifle is .50 cal fullstock caplock with a William Large barrel. Thanks Richard, a mighty fine bag you made.  Now I'm getting busy with a horn and stuff to go with it.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #263 on: January 03, 2011, 05:18:47 pm »
Very nice bag there Grunt. Well done Richard!  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #264 on: January 03, 2011, 06:46:54 pm »
well ,mine finally went out priority this morn. now a hop skip and two jumps and hopefully a fine gentleman will be pleased

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
« Reply #265 on: January 03, 2011, 09:28:29 pm »
That is a great looking bag.  Superb craftsmanship making it.  I sent mine out today.
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #266 on: January 04, 2011, 02:22:48 am »
Holy cow mine is finished, I didn't think I was ever going to get it right, but I did it. Haven't made one of these in 4 years, so it took a lot longer to get my bearings than I thought it would, mostly because I didn't have all the stuff I used to use to make them. Sorry to be obscure, I was so excited to be finished I almost posted photos, but the recipient is just going to have to wait a little bit longer  >:D

It's is going out tomorrow Uwe, so don't give up hope if you have been watching the post for it.
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline ohma

« Reply #267 on: January 04, 2011, 11:27:37 am »
thats a nice looking bag. i bet that will give years of use.
if your not dead you are getting older so get out and shoot some arrows.

Offline HFD60

• HFD60'S PHOTO'S
« Reply #268 on: January 04, 2011, 07:48:17 pm »
Glad you like the bag Grunt. Hope you get a lot of use from it.

Rich
Rich Bistline
Harrisburg, PA

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #269 on: January 04, 2011, 08:14:02 pm »
got a killer bow in the mail today.  i'll post pics in a day or two.  thanks osage outlaw!!
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy