Author Topic: CHRISTMAS EXCHANGE  (Read 78938 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: CHRISTMAS EXCHANGE
« Reply #210 on: December 24, 2010, 01:43:25 pm »
It's from me, El D.  My wife took it to the PO, so I don't know if she put the return address on or not.  Feel free to go ahead and open it up if you'd like.

Well Yeah....I want to open it Up! Be right back.............. ;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #211 on: December 24, 2010, 02:15:44 pm »
Alright.... I just opened my Gift up from Jonathan....and man was I speechless....He made Me an Atlatl...and one Shaft with Field Point...The Arrow is beautifully made...and the Atlatl is fantastic...take a look....Thanks Jonathan....I am very happy with Your Gift...it's awesome.
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #212 on: December 24, 2010, 02:29:11 pm »
Glad you like it!  I think a longer, heavier dart may throw a little better in it, but that's the only piece of river cane I had that was big enough and wasn't green as a gourd.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline NTD

« Reply #213 on: December 24, 2010, 02:30:15 pm »
Very cool gift!  Nice work Jonathan!
Nate Danforth

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #214 on: December 24, 2010, 02:35:11 pm »
I especially like the Totem Weight on the Atlatl....a nice touch...Nothing wrong with your Craftsmanship Jonathan...anyone would have been proud to receive this! I will probably never get the hang of throwing this anyways...not too coordinated.... ;) But it will look really good along with the Knife I received last year...the Tomahawk I got from Pappy the Year before... They all dress up my one Wall in my Bedroom....along with many Points and Artifacts I have collected!
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline bryan irwin

« Reply #215 on: December 24, 2010, 03:54:24 pm »
very nice gifts so far great job every one .
bryan irwin

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #216 on: December 24, 2010, 10:54:02 pm »
I couldn't wait til tomorrow so I opened my package from Hillbilly61 tonight   ;D . It is a very nice hand stitched soft leather quiver with a braided leather strap. Thanks Mark.  8)  I'll post pics tomorrow.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
« Reply #217 on: December 25, 2010, 01:19:11 am »
 You're welcome Pat. :) Hope it comes in handy some day ;). It was fun making and pleasure giving. ;D
I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #218 on: December 25, 2010, 02:33:48 am »
I want to see some more pics of gifts being opened 2morrow
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #219 on: December 25, 2010, 02:54:23 am »
My Gift was delivered today....hope to see it on here tomorrow
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #220 on: December 25, 2010, 03:09:59 am »
Mine was delivered couple days ago. I want pics  ;D
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Little John

« Reply #221 on: December 25, 2010, 09:20:08 am »
Very, Very nice gifts from all , Merry christmas to all.
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline jthompson1995

• Parkville, MD
« Reply #222 on: December 25, 2010, 12:02:00 pm »
Well, I was able to be patient enough to wait until today to open my gift from Grunt, It's a wonderful basket quiver with cloth lining in the top and red ribbon & blue bead accents. It fts the arrows I got from Cromm last year perfectly. Thanks very much Grunt, I'll use it well.

Here's a photo for proof. ;D

A man who works with his hands is a laborer, a man who works with his hands and his mind is a craftsman, but a man who works with his hands, his mind and his heart is an artist. - Louis Nizer (1902-1994)

Offline agd68

« Reply #223 on: December 25, 2010, 02:23:01 pm »
Merry Christmas everybody, Very nice work guys. El D the wife got an atlatal last year and we thought the samething but you catch on to throwing them pretty quick and you would'nt believe how hard they hit.
Happiness is..
A wet lab, dirty gun, and a cold beer after a day on the Marsh

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #224 on: December 25, 2010, 02:39:21 pm »
Here are a few pics of the leather quiver I recieved from Hillbilly61. Again, thanks Mark. It will be used and appreciated for years to come.
I tried to take the pics outside but because of the snow the contrast was way off so here is one outside and a better one inside.

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC