Author Topic: CHRISTMAS EXCHANGE  (Read 78951 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: CHRISTMAS EXCHANGE
« Reply #150 on: December 07, 2010, 05:03:08 pm »
Keenan, the more crookeder( ???) the better for me too it is just hard to find good crooked staves anymore! Trying to keep my blood pressure up a bit!  ;D
  Nate, I know the person that will recieve this bow will appreciate it!    You WON"T know til you try!  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Keenan

« Reply #151 on: December 07, 2010, 05:14:36 pm »
Keenan, the more crookeder( ???) the better for me too it is just hard to find good crooked staves anymore! Trying to keep my blood pressure up a bit!  ;D
  Nate, I know the person that will recieve this bow will appreciate it!    You WON"T know til you try!  ;D

If you can't find any sticks crooked enough, then you need to move up hear Pat. :D  Or maybe we just need to send you a truck load of vine maple, juniper, mountain mahogany, and yew. ::)  i tend to chuckle inside when someone ask me for a straight stave.  ::)  My first thoughts are (straight compared to what?)

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #152 on: December 07, 2010, 05:54:22 pm »
Pat, I can perhaps help with the crooked osage.  I just have to do better next time protecting against borers.  There's a place here a couple miles from home where there's more osage than my back would let me cut in a month.  It's pretty crooked.  There's no way I'm shipping green osage, but if you're ever down Dallas-way I can certainly send you back with a pickup load (which aint a full bed ;)).

If you really want a challenge, I picked up some 80 year old osage fence posts.  They are checked really deep, but the wood is incredibly strong and the rings are pretty thick.  I haven't tackled one yet, but soon.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline 1776J

« Reply #153 on: December 09, 2010, 12:25:30 am »
Yes I did say that I would do it.  Mullet wasn't telling a tale.... this time.
So I guess we need to get this party started!

Here's the deal:
You have to let me know by November 15th if you want to "play".  I know that sounds soon but you all get 10 days to think about it and put your name in the hat.
On the 16th. I will send you your person.  Then you have until January 15th to mail your gift.  That gives you 2 months to get it together and out the door.

Here is the important part.  Once you are in try your darndest to stay in.  Send me a P.M. with your name AND your mailing address.  I will collect all the names and then post them on the 15th of those that are "in".  If you don't see your name you can contact me.  I will P.M. you with your person and their mailing address.
The purpose is to make something handmade from the heart... and surprise your person.  That means don't tell them you have them. If you have a question for your giftee then you can message me and I can find the answer for you. 

Does that make sense?  If you have any questions about the trade then post it here.
Thanks!

Oh this is COOL!
Of course I'm to late for this year,... BUT NEXT YEAR I'M IN!!!!

What a GREAT idea!
Honestly, we used to exchange gifts on Christmas Eve at my grandmother's house for YEARS,... unfortunately that has pretty much ended with things the way they are with some jobs lost in our family of relatives.  The kids get stuff though and that's nice. 
I think I'm going to make some presents next year for one or two of them,.... some of them would appreciate it,...others would rather a new ipod or soemthing??  hahaha.

Again,... this is a great idea!!!

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #154 on: December 09, 2010, 03:08:12 pm »
Got my gift about half finished.
If the last half works out well it will be finished in plenty of time.

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #155 on: December 10, 2010, 02:31:40 pm »
I'm pretty well into mine too, should have it wrapped up (har har) this weekend.
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline Kegan

« Reply #156 on: December 10, 2010, 05:42:13 pm »
I'm pretty well into mine too, should have it wrapped up (har har) this weekend.

I was thinking the same thing, laughter included ;)

Offline agd68

« Reply #157 on: December 12, 2010, 01:41:50 pm »
Just finished mine up. Hope to get it mailed out tommorrow.
Happiness is..
A wet lab, dirty gun, and a cold beer after a day on the Marsh

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #158 on: December 12, 2010, 03:20:34 pm »
I aint even started...haven't a clue what to make my Recipient...I am stumped.... :(
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Kegan

« Reply #159 on: December 12, 2010, 04:45:35 pm »
All done and ready to ship. Hopefully I'll have it out tomorrow :)

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #160 on: December 12, 2010, 07:42:28 pm »
I'm about 90% done.  It will definitely go out this week..........probably.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #161 on: December 14, 2010, 09:14:14 pm »
I'm almost there,if it would only warm up just a fuzz.Freezing in Fla bites.
Bone pile
Venice Florida

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #162 on: December 15, 2010, 01:20:26 am »
We do have until Jan. 15th to mail them right?  I certainly hope so.  My gift just recently started bending.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #163 on: December 15, 2010, 01:24:40 am »
Hope to have mine sent out by first of next week. Just got done with graduation, so I have a little free time. ;D
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline agd68

« Reply #164 on: December 15, 2010, 08:46:07 am »
Yes Nugget we dont have to mail out until 15 Jan, some people are just realy zealous. ;D
Happiness is..
A wet lab, dirty gun, and a cold beer after a day on the Marsh