Author Topic: CHRISTMAS EXCHANGE  (Read 78954 times)

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
Re: CHRISTMAS EXCHANGE
« Reply #135 on: December 04, 2010, 07:52:43 am »
I like makin them doo-hickeys, but everyyyy once in a while ya have to throw in a thinga-maj or 2 just give the fun a little balance ;D
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 07:56:39 am by hillbilly61 »
I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #136 on: December 05, 2010, 04:27:18 am »
Working hard on my gift.  Maybe about 1/2 done.  Working on it as much as I can between doing Euro mounts.  I sure am glad I insulated my work shop.  It's cold and snowy here. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
« Reply #137 on: December 05, 2010, 12:29:01 pm »
My package from half eye came yesterday.  Gonna be hard not to open it.  It is a long package.......ummmm not sure what it is.
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #138 on: December 06, 2010, 04:39:11 pm »
I started working on this stave for the Christmas Exchange. I already put about 2 hours into it as you see it now. It should be a fun project. Plenty of wood to work with and some heat straightening is in order and it does have a few issues that will be a challenge. Let's see where this takes us!  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #139 on: December 06, 2010, 05:13:17 pm »
Looks like a great start on a happy Christmas.
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #140 on: December 06, 2010, 05:19:08 pm »
I don't see how ya'll can sit and look at those boxes and wait 19 more days.  We need pictures dangit!   ;D
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #141 on: December 06, 2010, 05:34:43 pm »
I got a box in the mail today from "Syck" that says "DO NOT OPEN UNTIL CHRISTMAS"! Sheesh! That's a long time away.  >:(
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #142 on: December 06, 2010, 06:32:52 pm »
Who is that headed to Pat? NC ?
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #143 on: December 06, 2010, 06:34:00 pm »
No NC! :(

Offline 1776J

« Reply #144 on: December 06, 2010, 08:36:23 pm »
Ok guys,... so how does this Christmas Exchange work on here??
Of course I'm a metalworker/welder by trade, so Lord only knows what in the world I could throw into the mix for anyone?
I've made a promise to myself to start working up some knives IF we ever get the chance to move into a home with some room!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #145 on: December 07, 2010, 01:54:36 am »
Look on page 4 of this thread. Calendergirl sets the rules. This years participants have already been choses and some gifts have already gone out. You will have to wait until next year to sign up but when the time comes back around anyone that wants to participate can!

Offline Kegan

« Reply #146 on: December 07, 2010, 10:18:48 am »
Project number two well on it's way. Hopefully done this week and shipped next week. Making time for it and the hybrid bow I'm making for my brother's Christmas gift.

The season is in full swing now :)!

Offline Keenan

« Reply #147 on: December 07, 2010, 11:19:18 am »
Looking great Pat, Thats my kind of stave.  Are you starting to convert over to the crooked stick club and go for as much challenge and night mare as possible? ;D >:D

Offline NTD

« Reply #148 on: December 07, 2010, 11:25:50 am »
The person who receives that sure better appreciate all the effort that went into it.  That's a heck of a stave, don't know how you guys do it.
Nate Danforth

Offline 1776J

« Reply #149 on: December 07, 2010, 01:29:49 pm »
Look on page 4 of this thread. Calendergirl sets the rules. This years participants have already been choses and some gifts have already gone out. You will have to wait until next year to sign up but when the time comes back around anyone that wants to participate can!

Thanks Pat,..will do!