Author Topic: Fabricated a bow quiver this weekend.  (Read 2829 times)

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
Fabricated a bow quiver this weekend.
« on: August 15, 2010, 06:52:50 pm »
My fiance had to work all weekend so I had a bunch of free time.  I made pine pitch, hafted a knife, made a sheath for that knife, and I also made this bow quiver.  Most people who shoot primitive bows don't like the idea of adding more crap to their bows but I have never shot a bow with a bow quiver so I wanted to give them a fair shot.  i came up with an idea in my head combining a bunch of different designs I have seen on here, then it was just trimming everything and lining everything up till it all came together.  It has one pouch for a knapped point/tradepoint and also a place where I can tie on an arrow with a field point or a blunt. I really like the way my bow shoots with this quiver on it and I really think it will come in handy this season while shooting from a ladder stand.   :)

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Parnell

Re: Fabricated a bow quiver this weekend.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 07:07:08 pm »
Nicely done, Josh.  So does everything feel snug with it, there's no rocking with the quiver or the arrow when fitted in it?
I like that man, cool stuff.
1’—>1’

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 11:06:38 pm »
Thanks Parnell.  Everything feels nice and snug and I can shoot the bow and everything stays where it should.  The weight of the quiver and arrows seems to steady my bow hand a little bit too.  I like shooting with it on there.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 12:36:09 am »
Nicely done Josh.  I liked to use a bow quiver when shooting my glass bows because I felt it stabilized the bow but not on selfbows. I do have a solo stalker attached to each on my hunting bows for one extra arrow in hand.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 08:55:59 am »
Nice work,I use a quiver most of the time on my bows ,I usually carry a small day pack when I am
hunting and makes it tough to carry a back quiver , don't really care for a side one. Just handy for me.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good