Main Discussion Area > Bows

Lam. bows/ what kinda clamps??

<< < (2/5) > >>

D. Tiller:
Say do you have a picture of the bows that come off that jig? I'm trying to figure out by looking at the jig and picturing it in my mind but I have no idea which way its bending!

David T.

venisonburger:
This form was one that I made when I first started making boo bows, not thinking I made the form as the negative of what I wanted. what I end up doing with this form is doing my belly and core layers and then after dry I attach my back of raw boo and use the long rubber material to wrap it. For anyone who doesn't understand the problem with this form, if I tried to do all three lams at once, I would have the raw boo down first, with the radius of the boo it would rock left or right and I wouldn't be able to keep the lams from sliding apart. So basically If I were to do it again, I would use the part I cut out from the board and throw this pc away.These are some that came off the form, It works and I don't want to waste it.

Minuteman:
I've been doing Hik backed bows so using a form like you showed is kinda what I've been doing. Putting the backing down against the jig and using rubber strips wound across cut off arrows stuck through it. I'm quickly running out of hikree though  so I'm gonna start into my bamboo pile soon. Guess I'll try the rubber bands and little sticks thing on my next one, see how that works out.

ridge:
 V Burger, I use a piece of felt carpet underlayment on the form so that the raw boo nodes sink into the felt. I first used it on the boo bows but now even use it on my forms for G  bows. My glue lines come out great.   

DCM:
You can use the pedistal type from and rubber bands.  Just wrap the whole clue up with bands and clamp it down onto the supports.  If it's hot summer you gotta move along pretty good.  And it's messy as the dickins.  But it works.  I pick up truck inner tubes, or ag, from a tire shop dumpster in town.  Any big truck/ag tire store will have old tubes for give away usually.  can bands of 1" to 1 1/2" out with scissors.  I used the air hose setup for a glass build.  Won't go that route again.  Gonna do on like Venisonburger for my next glass project.  Not sure how good that works for boo backed, seems like the nodes would mess you up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version