Author Topic: The hit list  (Read 3907 times)

Offline FlintWalker

The hit list
« on: August 09, 2010, 11:46:02 pm »
Just a few mineral lick and bait pile pictures.  Things are looking better than I expected. 
 I like deer #1 the best. But wouldn't hesitate on shooting #2! The rest are safe as far as I'm concerned...except maybe #3 >:D

[attachment deleted by admin]
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: The hit list
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 11:59:57 pm »
Give me the opportunity at any of them.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 12:29:51 am »
I should have called it the "hope" I can hit list :D

Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline sailordad

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 12:52:11 am »
why be so picky

shoot them all and then sort them out  >:D

around these parts,thems all shooters  ;)
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline aero86

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 01:07:17 am »
you need to shoot 2, 3, and 5, they have laser eyes and look dangerous!
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 01:19:10 am »
Shannon...what are you using for a Mineral Lick? I have tride everything from Blocks ....Powders...I have dug holes...used Stumps....added water and let the Minerals leach into the Soil...and nothing....they just walk right by....Got Me Stupified.... :P
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 01:24:05 am »
Mike, there are probably natural mineral licks near by.
I use a 50# brown mineral block used for cattle and they devour it in no time then eat the dirt under it.   We are pretty wet here so that helps it break down and allows the deer to get to it better.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 01:26:04 am »
you need to shoot 2, 3, and 5, they have laser eyes and look dangerous!
;D
 Tim, I can't help it...I reckon I'm just picky :-\
 Almost everybody around here would shoot any one of those bucks in a heartbeat...except me :-\
 I don't mind not killing one at all. But if I'm gonna shoot one, I want an old one.
 I know, I know... "old bucks don't taste as good as the young ones"  If I want meat I'll shoot a young doe. ;)
 Mike, I been using Trophy Rock for years. The deer seem to love it and it lasts a long time.  A couple of my mineral sites have holes a foot deep and 6' across. Look it up. ;)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 04:08:51 am »
Thanks Shannon....but I have one of each set up....and nothing but Porkies are eating on it...must be like Pat said....too many natural Minerl Licks around there...I will have to have a look see...and maybe I can set up a Camera there
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 08:48:11 am »
 Mike, Deer won't even look at a mineral or salt block down here. Nice looking deer, Shannon. Looks like a prime candidate for that new Vagabond.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 09:08:06 am »
I'd fling an arra over any of their backs ;D. First of September (dove season) I'll get over to the lease and set up.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 01:38:18 pm »
hey i saw number % in connecticut this morning, put on some weight too.  surprised after such a long walk.  ;D
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct