Main Discussion Area > Bows

Snakey Hickory Takedown

<< < (4/9) > >>

Psycho:
That is neat. A character bow from hickory and a takedown at that. Looking forward to your version of the sleeve fitting process and more pictures as the bow evolves. Very nice.
                                                   Eliseo

Stickhead:
I've been meaning to do the same thing with a couple of short ERC billets.  I don't have enough length to splice, so I'm thinking sleeve.  Is that the small sleeve from 3 Rivers?

Pat B:
Quite a few years ago, Rusty Crain and Mike Westvang wrote an article on making a take down sleeve out of rigid metal conduit(1 1/4" or 1 1/2"). I have some I cut but haven't tried it yet.   Pat

white wood:
pat i was thtinking of making my own but didnt know what id make them out of. i think i might make some round sleeves and bend them oval. if i do ill post some pics. sort of a how to. stickhead, i got mine from pine hollow but yes they are small sleeves only because they were out of large. im actually glad i used small now though because they are perfect size. -jesse

Pat B:
Jesse, I will try to find the article that Rusty and Mike did. I can't remember if it was in PA or TBM. What I did was clamp the conduit on a vice and slowly squeezed it into an oval.
   The sleeve set I that was given to me is the larger one also. Until I mount I won't know for sure but I think I'd prefer the smaller set.   Pat

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version