Main Discussion Area > Bows

Snakey Hickory Takedown

(1/9) > >>

white wood:
well heres some pics so far. the bow is from a tree me and my uncle took down. we got a ton of straight staves from a 40' section before there were any branches! when my uncle dropped of all the scraps he didnt want, there lay this branch that looked like it might have a bow in it. i split it out and got this nice little pair of billets with some snakey grain and one had a button knot the bumped up and has alot of character. i left a little cambium on for decoration and have only got one coat of tung oil on it. i wasnt going to post this bow until i finished it with a nice handle wrap but couldnt help it.       Its 66 1/2" long, 1 7/8" at the fades then tapers down to 1/2" nocks. it pulls 48#@28" as of now but im expecting it to dry a little more this summer months. here are the pics of it so far. ill post more when i get a handle on it and ill put some nice braced and full draw pics and a better description. let me know what you think so far! -jesse

[attachment deleted by admin]

venisonburger:
Thats gonna be a sweet bow, snakey is cool, but a takedown too.. I like it.
VB

white wood:
hey thanks VB! this is actually my first takedown. i have always wanted to make one but never got around to getting a set of sleeves. so after i ordered them i got right to it! they are alot eiser to fit than i thought they would be! definatly wont be my last takedown! -jesse

Justin Snyder:
Nice takedown. I think you should name it prince charming. Its got a big old wart next to the sleeve, but man is it nice. Justin

Pat B:
Gonna be a nice bow, Jesse. I have a sleeve take down system that was given to me but I haven't attempted an instalation yet. Will you try to explain the process for me? Pat

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version