Author Topic: third bow finsished! with pictures  (Read 9417 times)

Offline 15yearold.archer

third bow finsished! with pictures
« on: August 06, 2010, 12:16:52 am »
hey guys so heres my pyramid bow finsished it a while ago never got around to posting it is red oak and pulls 50 pounds at 27 inches its got poplar in the handle and is stained a darker shade obviously the bow is 68 inches tip to tip an shoots great! ill be using it this year for deer tell me what you think

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
Re: third bow finsished! with pictures
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 12:19:10 am »
cuz i think you did a dang fine job , amazing how far and fast you've come. congrats on a fine hunting bow

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 12:26:11 am »
I think it looks GREAT!  :o Man you've come a long way in such a short time... Congrats on getting a bow you feel comfortable hunting with.  Good luck with it this fall.  Bookmarked for Aug.  Self Bow of the Month contest too.   :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline 0209

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 12:26:38 am »
AWESOME bow man.  Thats impressive that its only your third and the tiller looks that spot on.  Congrats on some great craftmanship and well best of luck hunting this year.  Post some pics of her when you get a kill would you.  Again, congrats, shes a beaut...
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training is austere conditions with minimal food and water. He doesn't worry about what workout to do.his ruck weighs what it weighs and his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. Only he knows the cause. Still want to Quit?
-Unknown

Offline walkabout

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 12:26:46 am »
great job youve got some great talent.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 12:42:13 am »
Now that, young man, is what tillering should be.  When you feel like you aren't getting anywhere, go back and look at the pics of the first two bows as a reminder. 

Shoot that thing at every opportunity between now and deer season, every size target at ever range and from every single position you can imagine.  Nothing like building up your arms and confidence at the same time. 

Now I got a serious question for you.  What are you gonna call yourself here next year?
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline NTD

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 12:43:24 am »
Your tillering skills have improved beyond belief.  It's obvious you paid attention to the help offered here.  Great Job man!! ;D
Nate Danforth

Offline 15yearold.archer

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 12:52:20 am »
haha thanks alot guys and i guess ill have to think about the name

Offline RyanY

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 12:53:56 am »
That's a fantastic bow. Its amazing how fast you've improved in only three bows. Keep it up.

Offline 15yearold.archer

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 01:04:50 am »
and does anyone wanna sell or know who i could buy maybe a dozen arrows from  (primitive obviously) that i could use for hunting with this year ive built a few but i dont wanna put some deer to shame this year with an arrow that is to light or doesnt fly straight ( my arrows arnt that great) but ya anyways if you could help me out thad be great

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 01:26:52 am »
Dude.. just noticed you were shooting left handed too.  Awesome to see another southpaw on here.  There aren't many of us. :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

half eye

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2010, 02:11:26 am »
Very nice, like everybody else said. That is a weapon for sure....ya ought to be proud of it.
rich

Offline elk country rp

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2010, 02:21:58 am »
Wow!  beautiful tiller!! i think you have it figured out!

Offline TBod

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2010, 06:30:15 am »
Very good!

I like the stain job a lot also

Offline gmc

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2010, 07:35:19 am »
Wow, that is one fine weapon. The tiller looks really, really nice. Great job and good luck with your hunt.
Central Kentucky