Main Discussion Area > Arrows

snakeskin cresting

(1/2) > >>

Justin Snyder:
What is the best way to finish the skins when you crest an arrow with snakeskin?  If you do a good job gluing will the edges stay in place when you shoot? Do you ever wrap the edges of the skin.  I have a couple of snakes that are just right size to crest arrows. The scales on these things are so small you can hardly tell they have scales.  ;)  Justin

Pat B:
Justin, On the few snake skin crestings I've done I just glued them down and sealed with Tru-Oil. So far no problem. The skins should be thin like copperheads and western and prarrie rattler skins. Eastern D Back and big timber rattlers are too thick. IMO. I believe there is a build-a-long on TradGang about snake skin cresting of arrows.     Pat

Justin Snyder:
Thanks Pat, I was thinking about putting a 2" crest or maybe 2 1" on the Southern Community bow arrows. Justin

Pat B:
They will look sharp!!!   The ones I did had about 5"-6" of skin, some under the fletching and some just below the fletching.   Pat

Justin Snyder:
Do the fletchings stay good glued over the snake?  I can always get more of these little buggers maybe Ill do 6". Justin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version