Author Topic: DEER FEVER  (Read 2284 times)

kinkfeather

DEER FEVER
« on: August 17, 2010, 08:31:29 pm »
well i got to start hunting up a tree.i have the fever.setting in tree stand early in the morning with the sun coming up an every thing starts to wake up.the different colors creeping through the woods.different shades of green with just a little breeze a blowing.you hear a sound an it is a deer easing through the woods coming your way.very slowly calm not disturbed feeding on acrons.she raises her head an looks over her shoulder an 2 younger deer following her.peace an contentment in this old woods today.so you just set back an enjoy what mother nature has given you.killing the deer is not the whole picture.80 percent is your spirit with nature.the other 20 percent is your reward.as you grow older you will understand what i am saying.enjoy what the good maker has given you.because you may not have another day.when you are young you think you will live for ever.when you get old you hope for 1 more hunting season.i know i will have my chances so i will set back an wait for that special moment.meat in the freezer for the grand kids to eat.do not worry about killing a deer your rewards will come.when your young you are in a hurry when your old you want time to slow down.kink

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: DEER FEVER
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 07:07:51 am »
I like that,it gets more that way every year. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline profsaffel

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 09:12:11 am »
Not to get religious on you, but "Amen" kink, amen.

-Prof
Professor of History, Student of Bowyery

kinkfeather

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 10:58:24 am »
thanks my pa buddies.going to take my time an enjoy my time in the woods amen to that.when i was young i would work hard at killing a deer now in the last 5 years i enjoyed what was going on around me.knowing that one day my hunting would be all over.but one thing i have is all the good memories an i had alot.when that comes i can plan my hunts in my mind an even enjoy that memory.but until that time i will hunt until the day i die.i am headed to the woods in just a few minutes to do some scouting.let you all know what i have found.cant wait to get in them woods.i am like a kids in a toy store.kink

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 01:08:31 pm »
I'm 26 years young.
 and your absolutely right. I should slow down and just enjoy more then try and make meet.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline predatorcaller

• life is short-enjoy it
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 03:30:06 pm »
Diddo Kink-2 weeks ago at the cabin,got up early and took a nice hike back in-built a fire and made a cup of tea.Laid on my back and watched clouds float by for quite awhile-PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!have a great day=Lloyd

kinkfeather

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 05:57:58 pm »
i am very pleased to have a hunting close to my home.i can throw a rock to it.well when to the woods it is thick oaks ridge an thick brush bottms patches of cedars.i checked the oak ridges found acrons.they have started falling.deer season in 16 more days.now those deer will find those acrons pretty quick.found 3 trails intersecting each other.found a nice tree less than 20 yds from trails.when back home an got my climbing sticks came back an put them up on that nice tree.i will not put my stand in the woods for someone to steal.so i got out of the woods an wont go back until the night before the hunt.now tomorrow i will go to my next hunting place to scout.over the past 3 years.i have bought 3 sets of climbing sticks at yard sales now guess how much for the 3 20 bucks invested so if someone steals a set i want lose too much.i also have 2 other places to hunt.i will check them out later.i am too old to use a climbing stand.i plead to all bowhunters use your safety harness no matter how good you are climbing it only takes 1 slight mistake an you can be dead.it may not be traditional but it smart you can live to hunt another day.some day i will tell you how i got hurt falling out of a tree.kink

kinkfeather

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 02:24:25 pm »
when you go hunting in a deers back yard you had better have 3 things going for you.#1 you better be down wind.#2 you better not move too quick.#3 you had better not make any noise.
if your hunting from a tree stand stay at least 15 yds off a deer trail.hunt ridges in the morning an valleys in the afernoon.scent goes up in the morning an down in the afternoon.their are plenty of acrons this year find mass acrons early an you will see plenty of deer.now i am not saying you will kill one.the secret to seeing deer is" BE AT THE RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME".kink

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 02:26:54 pm »
Thanks for all the info, Kink.  Very helpful.  :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline profsaffel

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 09:07:20 pm »
Yeah, thanks Kink. I'll take those pieces of advice to heart and in the woods.
Professor of History, Student of Bowyery

Offline PeteC

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 04:18:18 pm »
Enjoy everything about the hunt,let every sense be filled,but,be an aggressive predator,and the meat will come. ;) God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas