Author Topic: Rich Tribute Bow (Ottawa)  (Read 17220 times)

Offline AncientArcher76

Re: Rich Tribute Bow (Ottawa)
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2010, 10:56:48 pm »
Well said and I do add I actually enjoyed reading your thread and the way you carried yourself during its course.  History does repeat itself and this certainley was not the first debate over historical conclusions nor will it be the last.  All in all what it comes down to is learning, teaching, and the ability to perfect your craft.  Thanks for sharing with us your work.  Have a good day!

Russell

Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline Parnell

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2010, 11:32:21 pm »
Very nice job on the bow, I'm glad you're enjoying it!
1’—>1’

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2010, 12:07:48 am »
Prof, beautiful tiller and a well crafted bow. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. With a mentor like Rich you are in good hands. Looking forward to your next stylized bow.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Almostpighunter

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2010, 12:48:02 am »
I have to say/ask this in case no one has noticed the obvious. This forum, as well as the magazine, has provided an enormous resource for me as well as thousands upon thousands of others that are engrossed in the creation of bows. Without meaning to downplay anyone else's participation, influence or brilliance; that article by Rich (half-eye) on the Ottowa bow that was printed in PA mag appears to have inspired more bowyers as of late than I have ever seen on this or any other forum. In fact I dare say that I have never seen as much response in anything outside of archery as well. Rich, if there was an award for most influential builder, or best article of the year, or any such thing then you would receive my vote hands down. It is readily evident of one's worth as a teacher when the student creates a masterpiece as is the case here. Congratulations to both of you!

Offline profsaffel

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2010, 01:12:02 am »
Wow, thanks Scott, Russell, Parnell, Pat and pighunter. I truly appreciate the kind words. I went to bed last night kinda down after the initial posting reopened some "old wounds" for lack of a better description, but the series of positive comments really brightened the day.

Go in peace,
Doug

Professor of History, Student of Bowyery

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2010, 02:04:03 am »
Like Badger, I have never been able to figure out the logic behind the scallops. But why it was done doesn't really matter. Just add that to the long list of things I don't know.

You did an awesome job on a difficult bow. My hat is off to you for being able to tiller it so well with all those scallops.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2010, 06:44:21 am »
Glad to see everyone is playing nice,that is how it is supposed to work around here,each with there own opinion and able to post it in a nice mannerly way. Like I said before very nice bow on a challenging style to make. Well done. :) I will stay out of the rest cause I sure ant a Indian History
or  Indian lore expert,I just make wood bows. :) :) and know a nice one when I see it. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline okiecountryboy

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2010, 06:49:19 am »
Rich and benefactor...
Half Eye,
As you know we have never met, and, well.... probably never will.

BUT, you have given me more ideas that I will ever be able to create! Every time I get on a project that I am really up on..............YOU POST ANOYHER PIC!!! ;D ;D ;D
This is my own way of giving a compliment.

Beautiful Bow Benefactor...I say this in this way because i have benefited from Half Eye myself.( from his knowledge.)

GREAT JOB on the weapon,.... and, Rich,....Thanks for the inspiration.

GOD BLESS

RON
God, honor, country, bows, and guns.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2010, 11:42:07 am »
 Great job on the "shorty"' Prof. Ottowa or not, you nailed the tiller and created a nice looking bow.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?