Author Topic: Dual Survival Show  (Read 3626 times)

Offline Parnell

Dual Survival Show
« on: August 21, 2010, 12:13:58 am »
Anybody been catching this show?  I'm watching the first season finale now and one fella just put himself together a quicky bush bow and a four prong no fletch bamboo arrow for bow fishing.  Got a couple piranha.  Pretty cool!  Guess that guy does some web bow building videos.  Their also trying to burn out a dugout canoe.  Pretty good show, I think, I prefer it over the other "survival shows".
1’—>1’

Offline Diligence

Re: Dual Survival Show
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 02:23:37 am »
Dave Canterbury (the military looking fella with all the ink) has a real strong following.  Check him out on Youtube.  I think he calls himself Pathfinder Wilderness.....I like his videos.  I believe one of his motto's is "survival for the common man".  He's also on Facebook... 
"Always do your best and to everyone be kind and good" - Ernst Hjalmer Selin (1906-2000)....my grandfather's words of advice he wanted me to tell my children.

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 07:12:48 am »
Just saw that show last week.  They were out in the high desert of Az.  The guy with no shoes did some quick work with the handrill.  Not sure I understand the no shoes thing, but I like the show.
Traverse City, MI

Offline cracker

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 02:22:14 pm »
He did some quick work for sure. He says the bare feet keep him connected to and more in tune with the earth and his environment. I think I'd at least have to wear some flip flops if I needed to know something about my surroundings I'd just kick off a flipflop for a minute. A foot injury in a survival situation would be very serious. jmo  Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Lombard

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 02:22:27 pm »
The Wife and I have been tuning in to that show, and the husband and wife team doing similar stuff. We like both shows, but really like how the husband and wife interact.  

Offline karrow

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 02:51:40 pm »
cody lundin the long haired guy interesting fellow. dave cantaberry a hunting machine. great show! the last show i watched they had a takedown bow of sumkind and no arrows not sure what they ended up using. they are both all over you tube.

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 05:28:34 pm »
Watched part of one last night where the Dave guy had a fiberglass longbow with him for some reason (didn't see the beginning of the show.) He made an arrow out of something, knapped a point out of a beer bottle, hafted it with duct tape, and killed a turkey with it. Pretty cool.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 06:34:31 pm »
I watch the show. I like it. Dave has several cool videos on you tube.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Diligence

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2010, 08:20:27 pm »
If you find yourself liking Dave Canterbury, check out his pathfinder website...he offers a cool online course....and many. many HOURS of download videos.
"Always do your best and to everyone be kind and good" - Ernst Hjalmer Selin (1906-2000)....my grandfather's words of advice he wanted me to tell my children.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 12:48:01 am »
Looks like Les Stroud is starting a new show coming up this Friday - Beyond Survival.  Saw the add for the first time last night.  Looks like it might be very good.  I always liked his approach before. 
1’—>1’

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2010, 10:24:51 pm »
Looks like Les Stroud is starting a new show coming up this Friday - Beyond Survival.  Saw the add for the first time last night.  Looks like it might be very good.  I always liked his approach before. 
Thanks for that info.  Les's show was my favorite.  Kind of shows how stuff usually dosn't go too well at times. ;)
Traverse City, MI