Main Discussion Area > Bows

"Chief Naughty Hedge"

(1/8) > >>

Jbell:
  Hello all. This is the first bow that I have posted on PA,I always feel a little intimidated by all your superb craftmanship, so here it goes. He's 62" ntn, 58# @26" and has about an inch and a half of follow right after unstringing and keeps about a half inch at rest. The tip overlays are from an old osage board and also had to add a bit to the handle to get the depth I wanted. I had an old turtle shell laying around with the scales all popped off, so I thought that one of these might make an interesting arrow pass.

This stave has been laying around the shop for three years and I never thought I could get a bow out of it. Probably had about 10 knots and a couple of branches still attached. Ipicked it up a couple of months ago, debarked it and found that there was just enough room to go between all those knots, luckily most of them were located to the edge of the stave. Once I followed the swirling grain between knots, countless hours of hacking through tough knots and tillering my most challenging bow yet this is what I ended up with," Chief Naughty Hedge".

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jbell:
Sorry for all the pics, here are a couple more. Enjoy. Justin

[attachment deleted by admin]

episaacs:
Great looking arrow slinger!  Looks like my vote for bow of the month has an early candidate :)  Ed

Pat B:
You did an excellant job tillering that difficult stave. The upper limb does look a little stiff from mid limb out to just before the tip but not bad at all. The snake skin and finish look great also.  No need to feel intimidated any more!!! You done good!    Pat

Justin Snyder:
That is pretty impressive.  I like the snakes on it, nice and dark. It looks cold there. Justin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version