Author Topic: Mountain wild pig with air pistol  (Read 3309 times)

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

Mountain wild pig with air pistol
« on: July 06, 2010, 07:21:33 am »
I took a nice saw today with my .50 cal air pistol

entry hole

exit hole

NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline Diligence

Re: Mountain wild pig with air pistol
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 10:06:00 am »
Hey manny, what's the stats on that .50 cal?  Feet per second, grains, etc.....looks like it packs a whollop!
"Always do your best and to everyone be kind and good" - Ernst Hjalmer Selin (1906-2000)....my grandfather's words of advice he wanted me to tell my children.

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 01:55:15 pm »
Hey manny, what's the stats on that .50 cal?  Feet per second, grains, etc.....looks like it packs a whollop!

This .50 cal shoots the 222gr at 750 fps or the 183gr at 900 fps, yesterday I was shooting the 222gr hollowpoint
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline Kegan

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 02:24:35 pm »
Another nice kill Manny :). All this hunting with airguns giving you ideas on how to improve your archery hunting/set up?

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 04:15:13 pm »
Another nice kill Manny :). All this hunting with airguns giving you ideas on how to improve your archery hunting/set up?

Kegan, such a different cup  of tea, still have to get close, and that's the fun in hunting, but the pinpoint precision alouds you to tread the needle in thick stuff and the option for the head shot is just huge !!!!

still shoot the bow everyday and I think using scoped guns has helped me concentrate more when I shoot arrows and slowed me down a tad at the full draw resulting in overall better bowshooting.

It's just that game is so scare here I have to make the most of the few encounters, if game was more plentifull I definatly would hunt more with the bow and arrow ;)
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline Diligence

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 08:58:50 pm »
sure looks like fun....good shooting too!
"Always do your best and to everyone be kind and good" - Ernst Hjalmer Selin (1906-2000)....my grandfather's words of advice he wanted me to tell my children.

Offline Kegan

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 03:02:57 pm »
Cool stuff Manny :). I can understand the different shot opportunities aspect, but it's neat to hear how it's helping your bow shooting.

Keep it up! Manny's hunting pictures are the best ;)

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 11:28:09 pm »
Thanks  :) :) :) :) :)
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline Gordon

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 04:34:11 pm »
Dang Manny, that airgun has a lot more knockdown power then I would have guessed. Nice kill!
Gordon