Author Topic: Leather arm thingy & bow quiver  (Read 15126 times)

Offline zenmonkeyman

Re: Leather arm thingy & bow quiver
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2010, 02:43:43 am »
Thanks for the kind words, Mickey!  I am truly grateful for the idea.  I bought a pair of leather pants a while back at Liquidation World for $8, thinking I would make a quiver or two out of the legs.  I couldn't quite sell myself on the work involved in making one, or decide on a design.  It was a happy day when I read your article, even though I didn't know at the time where to get the leather.  The stitching looked like too much work too!  Then I literally happened across some thick saddle leather scraps in what I believe to be the finest store in the world.  Convergence.  It's Karma and The Cosmos telling me I'm on track.

The arrow rest is not entirely floppy (not on that bow anyways).  There's a deer antler shelf there, but I extended it with a floppy lip.  But another outstanding innovation!  I feel like I'm talking to a legend here.  Thanks again.

Garett
If the ppl ever allow private banks to control their currency, 1st by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around (these banks) will deprive the ppl of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mickey

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2010, 06:06:58 pm »
LOL hardly a legend, just a fellow wood bow enthusiast, but thanks again for the kind words.

Good luck with your self projects. Overcoming different "issues" is how we gain a better understanding, and allow us to come up with unique and usable ideas that will often help others trying to overcome those same issues.

mickey

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2010, 08:25:06 pm »
                                                  Your still and always will be Da Ferret

;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline zenmonkeyman

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2010, 09:54:38 pm »
Are you mad at me Mike?  Because I happen to think set can sometimes be heated out?
If the ppl ever allow private banks to control their currency, 1st by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around (these banks) will deprive the ppl of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. Thomas Jefferson

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2010, 12:05:11 am »
Now why would I be mad about that? if you can steam or heat out Set....more Power to You...I  just don't believe you can repair collapsed cells with steam....may be able to  bend the limb past the set....but the  damage is still done....jmo

Or do you think I called you a Ferret.....Garret....

I was talking about Mickey being The Ferret
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 12:10:24 am by El Destructo »
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline zenmonkeyman

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2010, 11:07:13 pm »
Yep, you guessed it.  Funny and embarrassing.  I couldn't quite believe I was having a kindergarden flashback 35 years later...  But I assumed you were mad at me; sorry to have doubted you.  I deserve the eye roll you probably gave me.  I'm just happy I didn't grow red hair, or I would have forever been "Carrot".